Shared Jobs Introduction
Sharing jobs was the next logical step after the introduction of shared projects. Shared projects work really well if a project is shared with a single external vendor. When multiple Vendors need to be used for a project, the solution is to use shared jobs.
- A corporate Memsource customer (Buyer) can share jobs within a project with multiple Vendors where different Vendors are responsible for different target languages.
- Or, a Buyer can pick a lead Vendor and share the project with them, while the lead Vendor selects to work multiple sub-Vendors and uses shared jobs for them. (This would be a combination of a shared project and shared jobs within the same project.)
- An MLV (Multi-Language Vendor) can assign jobs to SLVs (Single-Language Vendors). Again this is typically based on target language specialization.
- It is possible to share project with one Vendor and share jobs in the same project with another Vendor. However sharing the project and its jobs with the same Vendor is not possible.
Getting Started with Shared Jobs
Once you've established the Vendor Connection you can assign any job to any vendor in the same way you would assign the job to your linguist:
- Select the job
- Click on Edit
- Select one or more Providers - the vendors will be listed next to your linguists. Hover your mouse over the name to see the tooltip.
Shared Jobs Rights
Shared jobs are much more Buyer-driven. And so Vendor rights in a shared job are quite limited in comparison to shared projects where vendors enjoy almost all Project Management rights.
- The Buyer has full Project Management rights in a shared project.
- The Buyer is not able to see the names of the Vendor's Linguists.
- The Buyer cannot see nor access Vendor's TM and TB (if Vendor add any to the job)
The vendor rights are quite limited in a shared job.
The Vendor may:
- See only the jobs assigned to the Vendor by the Buyer
- See (Buyer's) analyses assigned to the Vendor by the Buyer
- Add their own Memsource TM
- Add their own Memsource TB
- Split and join jobs
- Create analyses
- Assign shared jobs to the Vendor's Linguists
The Vendor may not:
- See jobs that are not directly assigned to them
- See Buyer's analyses that are not assigned to them
- Delete jobs
- Change the project's settings of Buyer's translation memory or term base
- Edit/export Buyer's TMs/TBs.