- Enterprise edition
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
Salesforce Knowledge is an online content management system that helps businesses with their marketing, sales, and commerce needs.
Salesforce Knowledge Connector Use Cases
There are a number of use cases for the connector:
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository
- Set up the Automation Widget so Submitters can add files to requests directly from the online repository.
- Use Automated Project Creation to have Memsource automatically create new projects when a change in the last modified date is detected for monitored files or a folder.
- Selected files are imported the very first time APC runs. All files are imported when a folder is monitored.
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have Memsource notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
- Source language of Memsource's project must match the Default language of Salesforce Knowledge configured in Knowledge Settings. English in Salesforce is actually English (United States) full locale.
- Target languages of the project must be a subset of Knowledge target languages.
- Articles must be published before they are sent to Memsource for translation. The connector does not work with articles saved as drafts.
Connect to Salesforce Knowledge
Salesforce Knowledge Settings:
- Go to the Setup and enable Knowledge User and Salesforce Knowledge.
- Go to the Knowledge Settings and configure the target languages.
- From the Setup ( ) page, scroll down to the Integrations section. Click on Connectors.
The Connectors page opens.
- Click New.
The Create Connector page opens.
- Provide a name for the connection and change the Type to Salesforce Knowledge.
- Click Connect to Salesforce.
A checkmark will appear if the connection was successful. A red exclamation point will appear if it wasn't. Mouse over the icon to see additional details.
- Click Save.
The connector is added to the list on the Connectors page.
If a default folder is required when connecting to a Salesforce Knowledge, open the connector configuration and click the Select Remote Folder button to set it.