- Enterprise edition for additional cost.
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
Zendesk connector allows the downloading of source content and uploading of translations to/from Zendesk for the following content types:
- Articles, Sections, and Categories in the Guide module
- Dynamic text in the Support module
Zendesk Connector Use Cases
There are a number of use cases for the connector:
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository
- Set up the Automation Widget so Submitters can add files to requests directly from the online repository.
- Use Automated Project Creation to have Memsource automatically create new projects when a change in the last edited date (edited_at attribute) is detected for monitored files or an entire list.
- Selected files are imported the very first time APC runs.
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have Memsource notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
Connect to Zendesk
- Zendesk Support: Go to Account in the Admin section and configure target languages.
- Zendesk Guide: Go to Language settings in the Admin section and configure target languages.
- Memsource connector languages are set according to the languages in Zendesk Support.
English in Zendesk is actually English (United States) full locale.
- Zendesk Guide offers more locales than Zendesk Support. Ensure the same list of locales is selected (e.g. Norwegian in Support and Norwegian(Bokmål) in Guide are considered different languages).
- From the Setup ( ) page, scroll down to the Integrations section. Click on Connectors.
The Connectors page opens.
- Click New
The Create Connector page opens.
- Provide a name for the connection and change the Type to Zendesk.
- Enter the Host prefix.
- Click Connect to Zendesk.
Zendesk login page opens
- Log in to Zendesk
A checkmark will appear if the connection was successful. A red exclamation point will appear if it wasn't. Mouse over the icon to see additional details.
- Click Save.
The connector is added to the list on the Connectors page.
If a default folder is required when connecting to a Zendesk, open the connector configuration and click the Select Remote Folder button to set it.