- Enterprise edition
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
Marketo is automation software designed for account-based marketing and other marketing services.
Marketo connector allows the downloading of source content and uploading of translations to/from a Marketo server for the following content types:
- Email templates
- Landing pages
- Landing page templates
Snippets and Segmentation are currently not supported.
Localized templates and assets have the same name as the
[language] (e.g. Black Friday Promo [de-de]). The localized asset references the localized version of the template provided the template in that language exists. Otherwise, it references the original template.
Only approved templates can be referenced, therefore if the template is localized, the connector automatically moves it to the approved state.
Marketo Connector Use Cases
There are a number of use cases for the connector:
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository
- Set up the Automation Widget so Submitters can add files to requests directly from the online repository.
- Use Automated Project Creation to have Memsource automatically create new projects when a change in the last modified date is detected for monitored files or a folder.
- Selected files are imported the very first time APC runs
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have Memsource notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
Connect to Marketo
- Enable REST APIs in the Marketo account.
Refer to Marketo documentation for instructions.
- Go to Admin and click on LaunchPoint in the Integration section.
- Create a new service or view details of an existing service.
- Copy and save your Client ID and Client Secret.
- Close the dialog box and navigate back to the Integration section of the Admin page.
- Select Web Services.
- Copy the subdomain from the Identity URL in the REST API section (e.g. 000-MJB-007).
- From the Setup ( ) page, scroll down to the Integrations section. Click on Connectors.
The Connectors page opens.
- Click New.
The Create Connectors page opens.
- Provide a name for the connector and select Marketo from the drop-down list of connector types.
- Provide the following information:
- Marketo API key
Enter Marketo Client ID.
- Marketo API secret
Enter Marketo Client Secret.
- Marketo API identity URL
Enter the first part of the Marketo Identity URL
- Marketo API key
- Click Test Connection
A checkmark appears if the connection is successful. A red exclamation point appears if it isn't. Mouse over the icon to see additional details.
- Click Save.
The connector is added to the list on the Connectors page.
If a default folder is required when connecting to a Marketo, open the connector configuration and click the Select Remote Folder button to set it.