- Enterprise edition for additional cost.
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
Kentico is a cloud-based content management system that allows teams to easily collaborate on creating websites, online stores, and community sites. Memsource supports versions 11 and 12 of Kentico.
Kentico connector allows the downloading of source content and uploading of translations to/from Kentico.
Kentico Connector Use Cases
There are a number of use cases for the connector:
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository
- Set up the Automation Widget so Submitters can add files to requests directly from the online repository.
- Use Automated Project Creation to have Memsource automatically create new projects when a change in the last modified date is detected for monitored files or an entire list.
- Selected files are imported the very first time APC runs.
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have Memsource notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
Connect to Kentico
In order to establish a connection between Memsource and Kentico, enable both REST Service and REST Translation in the Kentico account.
- Navigate to Settings, and expand the Content folder on the left side of the page.
- Select Translation services and enable REST Translation.
- Go to Settings and open the Integration folder on the left-hand side.
- Select Global and check the option Service enabled to enable the REST Service.
- Copy and save the Kentico URL from the Sites section.
- From the Setup ( ) page, scroll down to the Integrations section. Click on Connectors.
The Connectors page opens.
- Click New
The Create Connector page opens.
- Provide a name for the connection and change the Type to Kentico.
- Enter the Kentico URL
- Enter the username and password.
- Select the Source Language.
- Click Test connection.
A checkmark will appear if the connection was successful. A red exclamation point will appear if it wasn't. Mouse over the icon to see additional details.
- Click Save.
The connector is added to the list on the Connectors page.
If a default folder is required when connecting to a Kentico, open the connector configuration and click the Select Remote Folder button to set it.