- Team, Ultimate and Enterprise editions
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) is a secure version of File Transfer Protocol (FTP) that enables data transfer over a Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.
SFTP connector allows the downloading of source files and uploading of target files directly to/from the SFTP repository. The connector uses the SFTP API to implement the integration.
SFTP Connector Use Cases
There are a number of use cases for the connector:
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository
- Set up the Automation Widget allowing Submitters to add files to requests directly from the online repository.
- Use Automated Project Creation (APC) to have Memsource automatically create new projects when a change in the last modified date is detected in monitored files or a folder.
- Selected files are imported the very first time APC runs. No files are imported when a folder is monitored.
- This connector supports absolute path setting.
- Set up Continous Jobs to have Memsource monitor selected files for changes.
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have Memsource notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
Connect to SFTP
No changes are required.
- From the Setup ( ) page, scroll down to the Integrations section. Click on Connectors.
The Connectors page opens.
- Click New.
The Create Connectors page opens.
- Provide a name for the connector and select SFTP from the dropdown list of connector types.
- Provide the following information:
- Host name. Does not include the protocol (e.g. files.example.com).
- Port number (Default setting is 22).
- SFTP User name.
- SFTP Password.
- SSH key.
- SSH passphrase.
- Click Test Connection
A checkmark appears if the connection is successful. A red exclamation point appears if it isn't. Mouse over the icon to see additional details.
- Click Save.
The connector is added to the list on the Connectors page.
If a default project, branch, and folder is required when connecting to an SFTP account, open the connector configuration and click the Select Remote Folder button to set it.