- Ultimate and Enterprise editions
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
Microsoft Azure is a cloud-based platform that provides serverless containers to help build, manage, and deploy applications.
Microsoft Azure connector allows the downloading of source files and uploading of target files directly to/from the Azure Storage File Shares.
Microsoft Azure Connector Use Cases
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository.
- Set up the Automation Widget allowing Submitters to add files to requests directly from the online repository.
- Use Automated Project Creation to have Memsource automatically create new projects when a change in the file size is detected in monitored files or a folder.
- Selected files are imported the very first time APC runs. No files are imported when a folder is monitored
- This connector supports absolute path setting.
- Set up Continous Jobs to have Memsource monitor selected files for changes.
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have Memsource notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
Setting up the Connector
Microsoft Azure Settings:
- Log in to your Microsoft Azure account through the Azure portal.
- Click on Storage accounts in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Select an existing storage account or create a new one.
- Endpoints must be public in order for Memsource Cloud to access the repository from the Internet. If restricting access to selected networks is required, see Memsource IP addresses.
- In the Settings menu, click Access keys and copy either key 1 or key 2 Connection string.
- From the Setup ( ) page, scroll down to the Integrations section. Click on Connectors.
The Connectors page opens.
- Click New
The Create Connector page opens.
- Provide a name for the connection and change the Type to Microsoft Azure.
- Provide the connection string.
- Click Test Connection
A checkmark appears if the connection is successful. A red exclamation point appears if it isn't. Mouse over the icon to see additional details.
- Click Save.
The connector is added to the list on the Connectors page.
If a default project, branch, and folder is required when connecting to a Microsoft Azure account, open the connector configuration and click the Select Remote Folder button to set it.