- Ultimate and Enterprise editions
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
Bitbucket Cloud connector allows the downloading of source files and uploading of target files directly to/from the Bitbucket Cloud repository. The connector uses the Bitbucket Cloud API to implement the integration and allows access to all repositories associated with a Bitbucket Cloud account.
Use Bitbucket Server Connector for self-hosted Bitbucket installations.
Bitbucket Cloud Connector Use Cases
There are a number of use cases for the connector:
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository
- Set up the Automation Widget allowing Submitters to add files to requests directly from the online repository.
- Use Automated Project Creation to have Memsource automatically create new projects when a change in file size is detected in monitored files or a folder.
- Selected files are imported the very first time APC runs. All files are imported when a folder is monitored.
- Use the Git connector if you need to monitor an entire subdirectory.
- This connector supports absolute path setting. Note that the target translation files can be stored only in the same branch as the source file.
- Set up Continous Jobs to have Memsource monitor selected files for changes.
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have Memsource notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
- Limiting Memsource access to a single repository.
- Using an SSH key for authentication.
- Monitoring an entire subdirectory for a change in Automated Project Creation.
- Detection of file changes based on Last modified date as opposed to just file size.
Connect to Bitbucket Cloud
Bitbucket Cloud Settings:
- Log in to Bitbucket Cloud in the same browser used to connect to Memsource.
- Click on Your profile and settings in the lower-left hand corner and select Bitbucket settings.
- Under Access Management, select App Passwords and click on Create app password.
- Provide a label.
- Set the permissions as follows:
- Account: Read
- Projects: Read
- Repositories: Write, Admin.
- Click Create.
This generates a password used to enter into the Memsource connector configuration.
The token is only visible at this stage and will not be visible again if the window is closed.
- From the Setup ( ) page, scroll down to the Integrations section. Click on Connectors.
The Connectors page opens.
- Click New.
The Create Connector page opens.
- Provide a name for the connection and change the Type to Bitbucket Cloud.
- Click Connect to Bitbucket.
A popup window or a new tab will appear requesting authorization.
- Click the Authorize Memsource button.
If successful, the window/tab will disappear and a small checkmark appears next to the Connect to Bitbucket button.
- Click Save.
The connector is added to the list on the Connectors page.
If a default project, branch, and folder is required when connecting to a Bitbucket Cloud account, open the connector configuration and click the Select Remote Folder button to set it.