- Enterprise edition
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
Microsoft SharePoint Online is a file hosting, cloud-based service that lets you easily store and manage your documents.
Microsoft SharePoint connector allows the downloading of source content and uploading of translations to/from the SharePoint server.
SharePoint Connector Use Cases
There are a number of use cases for the connector:
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository
- Set up the Automation Widget so Submitters can add files to requests directly from the online repository.
- Use Automated Project Creation to have Memsource automatically create new projects when a change in the last modified date is detected for monitored files or a folder.
- Selected files are imported the very first time APC runs
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have Memsource notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
Connect to SharePoint
No changes are required.
- From the Setup ( ) page, scroll down to the Integrations section. Click on Connectors.
The Connectors page opens.
- Click New
The Create Connector page opens.
- Provide a name for the connection and change the Type to Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Provide SharePoint site URL.
Depending on setup:
- hostname (e.g. https://james007.sharepoint.com/)
- Click Connect to Sharepoint.
A popup window or a new tab will appear requesting Sharepoint authorization.
- Click the Next button.
If successful, the window/tab will disappear and a small checkmark appears next to the Connect to Sharepoint button. A red exclamation point will appear if it wasn't. Mouse over the icon to see additional details.
- Click Save.
The connector is added to the list on the Connectors page.
If a default project, branch, and folder is required when connecting to a SharePoint account, open the connector configuration and click the Select Remote Folder button to set it.