- Enterprise edition
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
Contentful provides a headless content management infrastructure to create, manage and distribute content to any platform or device.
Supported Localization Methods
Contentful supports multiple localization methods. Visit Contentful documentation for their detailed description.
Use Contentful (Entry-Level) connector.
The entry-level connector only works with content types that have localized reference fields (e.g., a reference field called Localized that is enabled for localization).
Use Contentful connector.
The field-level connector only works with content types that have a translatable field (e.g., either Text of Rich Text field with enabled localization). If the content type is also enabled for entry-level localization (has a localized reference field), then only the reference that matches the Memsource's project source language is processed by the field-level connector.
Contentful Connector Use Cases
There are a number of use cases for the connector.
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository. Content is searchable by Entity ID.
- Set up the Automation Widget so Submitters can add files to requests directly from the online repository. Content is searchable by Entity ID.
- Use Automated Project Creation to have Memsource automatically create new projects when a change in the content size is detected for monitored documents or a folder.
- Selected documents are imported the very first time APC runs.
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have Memsource notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
Set up the Connector
- The Source language of Memsource's project must match the Default locale of the Contentful space that is configured in Contentful's Locales settings.
- Target languages of the project must be a subset of Contentful target locales. The languages must match exactly; for example, English and English (United States) are considered different languages.
No changes are required.
- From the Setup ( ) page, scroll down to the Integrations section. Click on Connectors.
The Connectors page opens.
- Click New
The Create Connector page opens.
- Provide a name for the connection and change the Type either to Contentful (Entry-Level) or Contentful to use field-level localization.
- Select how to process nested content. Content can use a reference field to reference other content allowing the creating a hierarchy of entities.
The entry-level connector automatically traverses the entire hierarchy of nested content.
Select how the field-level connector should import nested content.
- Selected entry only - only content that's explicitly selected when adding content from the online repository or when a change is detected by Automated Project Creation is imported for translation.
- Import referenced entries - the connector traverses the entire hierarchy of nested content and imports all content for translation.
- Click Connect to Contentful.
A checkmark will appear in the connector setup if the connection was successful. A red exclamation point will appear if it wasn't. Mouse over the icon to see additional details.
- Contentful (Entry-Level) only: set the Source language.
Note: This language should match the Default locale of the Contentful space that's configured in Contentful's Locales settings.
- Click Save.
The connector is added to the list on the Connectors page.