It is possible to choose what context will be saved into translation memory and be later considered the in-context match when getting the 101% matches from TM.
Generally, the previous and next segments are saved with the translated segment. However, in some file formats, the Segment key is more important than context (for example YAML, JSON etc.). When importing these formats, you can select Automatic or Segment key to change the 'Context Type' setting.
Or you can select No context and always have only one translation of the source, regardless of the context.
It is also possible to optimize the TM matching feature when default settings are not sufficient.
File Import Settings
The Context and Optimization feature is set for each file imported as a new job in the File Import Settings. Please see Creating a new job article for more details.
- Automatic - the context type will be selected based on the file type:
- Files imported with context type "Segment Key": ANDROID_STRING, CHROME_JSON, DESKTOP_ENTRY, DTD, JAVA PROPERTIES, JOOMLA_INI, JSON, MAC_STRINGS, MOZILLA_PROPERTIES, PHP, PLIST, RESJSON, RESX, TS, XML_PROPERTIES, YAML
- Files imported with Context type "No context": PO
- Other formats will be imported with Context type "Previous and next segment"
- Previous and next - both previous and next segment will be saved as context
- Segment key - segment key or ID of the segment will be saved as context. Can be specified for above mentioned "Segment key" file formats and also customized for:
- CSV, XML, Multilingual XML and Multilingual MS Excel
- No context - no context will be saved and translation will be always overwritten by the newer version
TM Matching Optimization
- Previous OR next segment context as 101%
- regardless of the context type, if the match in TM has the same context of the previous or the next segment, it will be offered as 101% match. This will be especially useful when transferring from "Previous and next" Context type to "Segment key".
- Ignore tag metadata (enabled by default)
- this option has also been set as default for all existing projects and project templates to provide the best possible matching rate for segments.
- Penalize multiple 101% TM matches by 1%
- Generally, the newest 101% match is found and displayed, but with this option when more then one 101% with a different target (translation) is found, then all 101% matches are displayed as 100% with an arrow signaling the penalization.
- In Pre-translate: when Pre-translation threshold is set to 101%, segments with multiple matches will not be pre-translated.
- In Analysis: segments with multiple 101% matches will be counted as 100% match.