Please see our main article about Analysis for general information.
The Default Analysis is the standard analysis run before translation. It provides a break down of the segments/word/character counts, shows matches with the Translation Memory (if used in a project), displays non-translatable matches and Machine Translation Quality Estimation, if enabled and can produce a quote for a client.
The Default analysis is always working with the source text - comparing the original file with content of the Translation memory, calculating repetition and other parameters.
Please note, that launching this type of analysis after the job is translated, can give you false results.
The options are:
- Type (Select Default)
- Name - if left empty, it will be named automatically "Analysis #1" etc. Renaming macros can be used to generate names automatically
- Include internal fuzzies - Segments in selected documents are compared with one another and when similar segments are identified, they are included in the analysis as fuzzy matches, depending on the similarity.
- Include non-translatables - Segments are analyzed for non-translatables. Non-translatables are anything that doesn’t necessarily need to be translated, for example, names, numbers, email addresses, URLs, symbols and codes. If non-translatables are identified, they are included in the analysis. The AI powered Non-translatables can have a score 100% or 99%.
- Include machine translation matches (Beta) - With the MT QE feature enabled, you can run a default analysis that includes the MT scores.
- Exclude confirmed segments
- Exclude locked segments
- Exclude numbers
- Analyze by linguist - When multiple jobs are selected, they will be grouped by assigned linguist and analyzed together. The Analysis will be assigned to the linguist, there for visible to them.
- Analyze by language - When multiple jobs are selected, they will be grouped by language combinations and analyzed together.
- Count units of the: Source or Target - Generally users should always use the "Source" to get the right results since target of some segment will be most likely empty.
The results can show:
- Net rate discount
- Repetitions (if the repetitition is also 100% or 101% TM match, it will be listed in the respective TM match row)
- Translation Memory matches 101% - 0%
- Non-tranlatable matches 100% - 95%
- Machine Translation Quality estimation 100% - 95%