- Enterprise edition
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
Contentstack is a headless content management system. It provides the infrastructure to create and manage content but it is not coupled to any single presentation layer. It also provides REST APIs to deliver content channels such as websites, mobile apps, devices, marketing kiosks or any digital platform that displays content. All translatable fields (e.g., either Text or Rich Text) are imported for localization unless the field is flagged as non-localizable in Contentstack.
There are a number of use cases for the connector:
- Project Managers can add files directly to projects from an online repository.
- Set up the Automation Widget allowing Submitters to add files to requests directly from the online repository.
Use Automated Project Creation (APC) to have Memsource automatically create new projects when a change in the last modified date is detected for monitored files or a folder.
- Selected files are imported the very first time APC runs.
- The Connector API can be used to automate steps otherwise performed manually through the UI. Webhooks can be used to have Memsource notify 3rd party systems about certain events (for example, a job status change).
Creating more than one connector per stack is not recommended as Contentstack API auth tokens are limited to 20 per stack. If this limit is breached, one of the stack connectors would stop working.
- Log in to Contentstack account and open the stack. The Dashboard page opens.
- Navigate to Settings and click Stack.
- Copy the API Key. This key is required for the connector.
- From the Setup page, scroll down to the Integrations section.
- Click on Connectors. The Connectors page opens.
- Click New. The Create Connector page opens.
- Provide a name for the connection and change the Type to Contentstack .
- Enter the Username, Password, and the API key obtained from the Contentstack site.
- Apply Translate URL and Translate tags options if required.
- Click Test connection. A checkmark will appear if the connection was successful. A red exclamation point will appear if it wasn't. Mouse over the icon to see additional details. Contentstack workflows can be selected.
Select Contentstack workflows.
- Translate articles from: The connector monitors articles in the selected stage (e.g. Translate). The author can apply this label to articles when ready for translation.
- Set source articles to The connector advances the workflow to the selected stage (e.g. Translation in Progress) when the source articles are downloaded from Contentstack.
- Set source articles to The connector sets the workflow stage of the source articles to the selected stage (e.g. Translations Completed) when the translation is exported to Contentstack.
- Set translated articles to The connector sets the workflow stage of the article translations to the selected stage (e.g. Translation ready for Review) when the translation is exported to Contentstack. Reviewers can use the label to filter articles in the Contentstack UI.
- Click Save. The connector is added to the list on the Connectors page.
If a default project, branch, and folder is required when connecting, open the connector configuration and click the Select Remote Folder button to set it.