We built our company by listening to customers. We take the feedback seriously and review every single request.
Memsource is a comprehensive software platform used by thousands of organizations. That means we receive a lot of valuable feedback and suggestions. Unfortunately, we cannot follow through on every request and we need to say ‘no’ more than we would like to.
While we don’t publish our product roadmap, we do want to be transparent about how we handle your requests.
Note that this policy does not apply to bugs.
How to Submit a Feature Request
All feature requests should be submitted by opening a support ticket.
- Select New feature request as the Request type.
- Ensure all the details about the feature are included. Provide examples or use cases to demonstrate the need for the feature.
- CC the Solution Architect or Customer Success Manager if you have one assigned.
- Create separate posts for separate feature requests. This is very helpful in providing better tracking.
What Happens After Submitting a Request
Our support engineer may:
- Ask for additional information.
- Propose an alternative approach or a workaround.
- Find out if the development isn’t already in place.
- Determine that such a request cannot be accommodated.
If the request has been previously vetted by a Solution Architect and they've been copied on it, the support engineer will skip this review process.
After the support team confirms the request is valid they submit the ticket to the product team for prioritization.
How We Prioritize Requests
We take a number of factors into consideration when prioritizing future development, including:
- Product strategy - requests need to be aligned with our long-term strategic vision.
- Demand - are there other customers who requested or would benefit from similar functionality?
- Level of effort - simple requests have shorter implementation time than complex features.
- Availability of our team and resources.
How to Track What Is Happening to a Request
After the request is evaluated by the product team its status will be updated as per the following:
|Status||Description||Your Help Center ticket status|
|Accepted||The request will be implemented within the next 3 quarters.||Open
ETA field is set to the target quarter
|Postponed||The request has been approved but not currently in a release plan.||Open
No ETA is set
|Completed||The feature has been released or will be released shortly.||Closed
A comment is added with the final release date
|Rejected||We have evaluated the request and decided that it will not be developed.||Closed
A comment is added with an explanation