Multilingual plain text CSV files can be imported into Memsource as several bilingual jobs.
Map the corresponding target language columns in the File Import Settings to create separate jobs for each language pair. The completed CSV file contains the source and target languages after translation.
File Import Settings:
- Select Multilingual CSV in the File Type field.
Important: File will be imported as a normal CSV file if this is not specified.
- Open the Multilingual CSV section and specify required settings:
- Use HTML subfilter: For more information, see HTML File.
- Segment multilingual CSV: Having one cell as one segment is less error prone, but text can be segmented with general segmentation rules if required. The HTML subfilter is an exception.
- Source (column number): Use only integers. For more columns, enter integers separated by commas with no spaces (for example 1,2,3).
- Target (column number): There is one column for each target language. For more columns, enter integers separated by commas with no spaces (for example 6,8,10).
- Import specific rows only: Enter row numbers to be imported. For more rows, enter integers separated by commas with no spaces (for example 1,3,5).
- Context key (column number): Specify a context key that will be saved with the segment to the Translation Memory. This is available by going to File Import Settings, selecting TM Match Context and Optimization and ensuring that the Context Type is set to Segment key.
- Context note (column number): It is possible to have more columns as a context note (2,3). The notes will be displayed on separate lines.
- Maximum length (column number): This sets the maximum length of the translation. For more columns, enter integers separated by commas, with no spaces (for example 4,5,7).
- Convert to Memsource tags: Use Regexp to convert non-translatable text into Memsource tags.
- Click Create
The File is imported with specified settings and ready for use in the job.
Using Segment multilingual CSV on a file that contains target text may result in a different number of segments in the source and in the target.
- A warning will be displayed on the project page: "Document segmentation resulted in a different number of source and target segments in some paragraphs. Extra segments have been joined with previous segments using space characters except in non-space languages (e.g., JA, ZH, KO). Try importing without segmentation."
- A segment comment will be added to the job in the Memsource Editors: "Target is not segmented as expected!".