|Introduction for Linguist Users||Lesson 2: Translating in Memsource Editors|
This article provides a step-by-step guide to using the Linguist Portal.
Step 1: As a Linguist, when you are first provided with a Memsource account, you will receive an email that contains your username and a link to generate a password. Use these credentials to log into your Linguist account from memsource.com.
Step 2: Once you have logged in, you will be presented with the Linguist Portal.
The navigation panel in the Memsource Linguist account provides a Jobs View and a Projects View.
Main Filter options
- All: All jobs, current and past.
- Accepted Work: Translation jobs that have been accepted by the Linguist and have not yet been completed.
- Completed Work: Translation jobs that have been marked as Completed by Linguist. Once set to Completed, the job is no longer editable for the Linguist, but can still be opened as Read-only. Linguists still can add or reply to a comment in the Conversation in jobs marked as Completed.
- New Work: Jobs that have not been accepted by the Linguist are displayed here. The Status field can be used to accept or decline translation jobs.
- Translation Jobs.
- Wordcount Analysis (if assigned to the Linguist by the PM).
- Quotes (if assigned to the project)
- Translation Memory (if assigned to the project).
- Term Base (if assigned to the project).
- Reference files (if assigned to the project).
Step 3: Select a job that you have been assigned to. You have the option to Accept, Decline, Complete or Reject the job.
Step 4: Click on an accepted job to open it in the editor.
Step 5: You also have the option of managing your personal settings and changing your password in your profile page. To change the settings, click on the Setup gear icon in the top right-hand corner of the Memsource UI.