The Markdown file filter by default imports files with the following extensions:
File Import Settings
The following Import settings can be adjusted for markdown files:
- Flavor: The flavors of markdown files currently supported are Plain or PHP/Python Markdown Extra
- Hard line break creates new segment
- Preserve whitespaces: Selecting this option will preserve the same whitespace structure in the target document (e.g. spacing, newlines, etc.)
- Process YAML header: Option to process YFM. When this option is selected, YAML import settings will be applied.
- Import code blocks: Option to extract the content of code blocks for translation
- Convert to Memsource tags: Use regular expression for converting specific text to tags - see our Regexp manual
- Custom elements (converted to Memsource tags): Define the elements in your markdown file that you want to convert into Memsource tags
- Non-translatable blocks: Define sections in your Markdown file that should not be imported.
- Don't escape characters: List of characters that shouldn't be escaped in the completed file (for instance: #[< )