This article provides a step-by-step guide to setting up and using the Memsource plugin (extension) for TYPO3.
Before carrying out the steps below, you need to install a localization manager in your TYPO3 account. For more information, including installation instructions for the localization manager, see the TYPO3 localization manager documentation. You need have version 8.0.0 or above of the localization manager extension installed.
You will also need to be using at least the Ultimate edition of Memsource. See our pricing page to sign up for a free trial. To upgrade your edition, go to Setup > Subscription: Details.
Configuring the Memsource Automation Widget
To create a Memsource Automation Widget, you first need to create a Service.
Create a Service:
- Sign in to your Memsource account and go to Setup > Services > New.
- Fill in the fields according to the languages preferences you require. See the Services article for more information about creating a service.
Set up an Automation Widget:
- From your Memsource account, go to Setup > Automation Widgets > New.
- Fill in the fields and select the Service that you have just created. Learn more about this step in our Automation Widget article.
- After the widget has been created, a URL (web link) is displayed under Setup > Automation Widgets. You will need this URL to configure the plugin in your TYPO3 account.
Adding Target Languages to TYPO3 Account
- Log in to your TYPO3 account and add the target languages you require. See the Working with Languages article in the TYPO3 documentation.
Adding Memsource Extension to TYPO3 Account
- From your TYPO3 account, go to Menu > ADMIN TOOLS > Extensions.
- Select Get Extensions from the drop-down list at the top of the window and search for Memsource.
- Click the Import and Install button in the Actions column.
Configuring the Plugin in TYPO3
- From the Menu on the left-hand side, select MEMSOURCE > Configuration.
- Fill in the Connection fields:
- API url prefix: https://cloud.memsource.com/web
- Memsource account username
- Memsource account password
- Click Save
- Select an Automation Widget from the drop-down list. The list of Automation Widgets is available after the connection has been established. If you only have one Automation Widget in Memsource, it will be automatically selected.
Creating a Configuration File Using the Localization Manager
Note: Before you can create a configuration file, you need to install a localization manager extension.
- From your TYPO3 account, go to Menu > WEB > List.
- Click on the top item with the globe icon and then select the Create new record button (outlined in red below).
- Click on L10n Manager Configuration from the list and complete the following fields:
- Export filenameprefix
- Depth of page levels
- Source language
- Select items to export
- Click Save.
Exporting an XML file for Translation
- Select WEB > L10N Manager
- Select the created config file
- In the Choose your action drop-down list select XML export/import
- Select the Target language and click the Export button
- The exported XML file is saved to the TYPO3 root directory `/uploads/tx_l10nmgr/jobs/out`
Sending an XML file to Memsource
From the Menu, select MEMSOURCE > Transfers
- Select the XML file for translation, a service and a due date from each of the drop-down lists. The list of services displayed only includes the services with language settings that correspond to the languages defined in the selected XML file. A due date can only be set if there is no Due Date Scheme in the selected service.
- Click Send and then confirm your request.
Downloading Translated Content from Memsource
After the translation is done in Memsource and the status of the project is set as Completed or completed by Linguist, the translated content may be downloaded by doing the following:
- From your TYPO3 account, go to Menu > MEMSOURCE > Transfers
- Click Download and publish in the Actions column.
Viewing the Translated Content
- Go to Menu > WEB > Page and select the target language from the drop-down list at the top of the page. The translated XML file will have been saved to the TYPO3 root directory `/uploads/tx_memsource/translated_files`
- If you aren’t able to see the translated content, click again on WEB > Page > Top item with globe icon. Choose Languages from the drop-down list at the top of the page.
- From the drop-down list next to Make a new translation of this page select the desired target language
- The translated content for that language will appear.
Updating a Translation
If you make changes to a source file in TYPO3 and want it to be translated again, you need to export a new XML file and send it to Memsource.
To do this:
- From the Menu, select WEB > L10 Manager
- Select the configuration file
- Under Choose your action, select XML export/import
- Select the target language and check the box New/Changed content only
- Click the Export button.