- Enterprise edition
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
TYPO3 is a free and open-source web content management system written in PHP.
- Localization Manager 8.0.0 or higher
See TYPO3 localization manager documentation for installation instructions.
Configure Translation Workflow
Memsource provides a highly-configurable workflow engine allowing associations with TYPO3 jobs, specific net rates schemes, due dates schemes, price lists, workflows steps and more.
To configure processing of TYPO3 jobs, follow these steps:
- Create a Service.
- Select the same source and target languages as in TYPO3.
- Create an Automation Widget.
- Select the service created in the previous step.
Add Target Languages
To add required target languages, see the Working with Languages article in the TYPO3 documentation.
Add Memsource Extension
- In the left-hand menu, go to ADMIN TOOLS and click on Extensions.
- Select Get Extensions from the drop-down list at the top of the window and search for Memsource.
- Click the Import and Install button in the Actions column for the Memsource plugin.
Configure the Plugin in TYPO3
- From the menu on the left-hand side, select MEMSOURCE and click on Configuration.
- Fill in the Connection fields:
- API URL prefix: https://cloud.memsource.com/web
- Memsource account username
- Memsource account password
Create a Configuration File Using the Localization Manager
A localization manager extension must be installed to create a configuration file.
- From the TYPO3 account, go to the menu. Under WEB, click on List.
- Click on the top item with the globe icon, and then click the Create new record button at the top of the page (outlined in red below).
- Under Localization Manager, click on L10n Manager Configuration.
- Complete the following fields:
- Export filenameprefix
- Depth of page levels
- Source language
- Select items to export
- Click Save.
Export an XML file for Translation
Once configured, files can be exported for import into Memsource.
- Under WEB, click on L10N Manager, and select the created config file.
- In the Choose your action drop-down list, select XML export/import.
- Select the Target language and click the Export button.
- The exported XML file is saved to the TYPO3 root directory `/uploads/tx_l10nmgr/jobs/out`
Send an XML file to Memsource
From the menu, go to MEMSOURCE and select Transfers.
Select the XML file for translation.
Choose a service and a due date from each of the drop-down lists.
The list of services displayed only includes the services with language settings that correspond to the languages defined in the selected XML file. A due date can only be set if there is no Due Date Scheme in the selected service.
Click Send and then confirm your request.
Download Translated Content from Memsource
After the translation is done in Memsource and the status of the project is set as Completed or Completed by Linguist, the translated content may be downloaded.
To download the content, follow these steps:
- From your TYPO3 account, go to MEMSOURCE and click on Transfers in the left-hand menu.
- Click Download and publish in the Actions column.
View the Translated Content
- In the TYPO3 menu, go to WEB, and click Page.
- Select the target language from the drop-down list at the top of the page.
The translated XML file will have been saved to the TYPO3 root directory `/uploads/tx_memsource/translated_files`.
- If unable to see the translated content, click again on Page and select the top item with the globe icon. Choose Languages from the drop-down list at the top of the page.
- From the drop-down list next to Make a new translation of this page, select the desired target language.
The translated content for that language appears.
Update a Translation
To make changes to a source file in TYPO3 and to be re-translated, export a new XML file and send it to Memsource.
To update a translations, follow these steps:
- From the menu, select WEB and click on L10 Manager.
- Select the configuration file.
- Under Choose your action, select XML export/import.
- Select the target language and check the box New/Changed content only.
- Click the Export button.