This article provides a step-by-step guide to setting up and using the Memsource plugin for TYPO3.
Before carrying out the steps below, you will need to install a localization manager in your TYPO3 account. For more information, including installation instructions for the localization manager, see the localization manager documentation from TYPO3. Please note that you will need to have version 8.0.0 or above of the localization manager extension installed.
Configure the Memsource Automation Widget
To create a Memsource Automation Widget, you first need to create a Service. The steps are outlined briefly below.
Create a Service:
- Sign in to your Memsource account and go to Setup, scroll down to Automation, and click on Services.
- Click on New, and fill in the fields according to the languages preferences you require. See the Services article for more information about creating a Service.
Set up an Automation Widget:
- From your Memsource account, go to Setup, scroll down to Automation, and click on Automation Widgets.
- Click on New, fill in the fields, and select the Service that you have just created. Learn more about this step in our Automation Widget article.
- After the widget has been created, click on it. A URL (web link) will be displayed under the widget's name. You will need this URL to configure the plugin in your TYPO3 account.
Add Target Languages to Your TYPO3 Account
- Log in to your TYPO3 account, and add the target languages you require. See the Working with Languages article in the TYPO3 documentation for more information.
Add a Memsource Extension to Your TYPO3 Account
- Open your TYPO3 account. In the left-hand menu, go to ADMIN TOOLS and click on Extensions.
- Select Get Extensions from the drop-down list at the top of the window, and search for Memsource.
- Click the Import and Install button in the Actions column.
Configure the Plugin in TYPO3
- From the menu on the left-hand side, select MEMSOURCE and click on Configuration.
- Fill in the Connection fields:
- API URL prefix: https://cloud.memsource.com/web
- Your Memsource account username
- Your Memsource account password
- Click Save
- Select an Automation Widget from the drop-down list. The list of Automation Widgets is available after the connection has been established. If you only have one Automation Widget in Memsource, it will be automatically selected.
Create a Configuration File Using the Localization Manager
Note: Before you can create a configuration file, you will need to install a localization manager extension.
- From your TYPO3 account, go to the menu. Under WEB, click on List.
- Click on the top item with the globe icon, and then select the Create new record button at the top of the page (outlined in red below).
- Under Localization Manager, click on L10n Manager Configuration. Then, complete the following fields:
- Export filenameprefix
- Depth of page levels
- Source language
- Select items to export
- Click Save.
Export an XML file for Translation
Once you've completed the file configuration, you can export files that you will then be able to import into Memsource.
- Under WEB, click on L10N Manager, and select the created config file.
- In the Choose your action drop-down list, select XML export/import.
- Select the Target language and click the Export button.
- The exported XML file is saved to the TYPO3 root directory `/uploads/tx_l10nmgr/jobs/out`
Send an XML file to Memsource
From the menu, go to MEMSOURCE and select Transfers
- Select the XML file for translation. Choose a service and a due date from each of the drop-down lists. Please note that the list of services displayed only includes the services with language settings that correspond to the languages defined in the selected XML file. A due date can only be set if there is no Due Date Scheme in the selected service.
- Click Send and then confirm your request.
Download Translated Content from Memsource
After the translation is done in Memsource and the status of the project is set as Completed or Completed by Linguist, the translated content may be downloaded by doing the following:
- From your TYPO3 account, go to MEMSOURCE and click on Transfers in the left-hand menu.
- Click Download and publish in the Actions column.
View the Translated Content
- In the TYPO3 menu, go to WEB, and click Page. Select the target language from the drop-down list at the top of the page. The translated XML file will have been saved to the TYPO3 root directory `/uploads/tx_memsource/translated_files`
- If you aren’t able to see the translated content, click again on Page and select the top item with the globe icon. Choose Languages from the drop-down list at the top of the page.
- From the drop-down list next to Make a new translation of this page, select the desired target language
- The translated content for that language will appear.
Update Your Translation
If you make changes to a source file in TYPO3 and want it to be translated again, you need to export a new XML file and send it to Memsource.
To do this:
- From the menu, select WEB and click on L10 Manager.
- Select the configuration file.
- Under Choose your action, select XML export/import.
- Select the target language and check the box New/Changed content only.
- Click the Export button.