Memsource offers two different plugins for Drupal:
- Memsource Translation Plugin for Drupal (Drupal 8 only)
- Memsource Translation Plugin for TMGMT (Drupal 7 and 8 with TMGMT module)
Older versions of Drupal are not supported.
Memsource Translation Plugin for Drupal
The Memsource Translation Plugin for Drupal 8 and the Connector feature allow content managers to import Drupal posts, pages, and any text set as "translatable" in the Drupal 8 settings into Memsource for translation. The content can be imported manually via the Add from Online Repository button or automatically using the Automated Project Creation feature.
Setting Languages and Translatable Content Types
- Go to your Drupal server and select Admin, Configuration, and Regional and Language. Select the Languages page.
- Add all of the languages* you want to use, and set one of them as Default (this is equivalent to the source language in Memsource and will be probably the same as the main language of your Drupal site).
- Go to Admin, Configuration, and Regional and Language. Select the Content language and translation page.
- Select the translatable content types. Memsource currently supports Content and its subtypes (Article and Basic page).
* Please note that in Drupal 7, you will need to select the language's code (fr_fr) instead of the language's name (French, France).
Adding the Memsource Plugin to the Drupal site
- Go to the Downloads section on https://www.drupal.org/project/memsource_connector and copy the link address of the version you would like to install.
- Go to Admin, Extend, and Install new module.
- Paste the URL copied in Step 1 into the Install from a URL field, and install the module.
- Go back to the Admin / Extend page. Find “Memsource Connector” in the MULTILINGUAL category. Select the checkbox and click Install.
- Go to Admin, Configuration, Regional and Language, and Memsource Connector. Copy the value of the Memsource Connector authentication token field to the clipboard.
On this page, you can also select which posts should be translatable based on their statuses (only Published posts, only Unpublished posts, or both). You can also set the status of translated posts (Published or Unpublished).
Setting up the Drupal Connector in Memsource
- Go to Setup, Integrations, Connectors, and click on New to set up a new connector.
- Select the Drupal option.
- Add your Drupal site URL.
- Paste the copied authentication token to the Memsource Drupal plugin token field.
- Click Test connection. Memsource should connect to your Drupal site and display a list of languages configured on the Languages page.
- If everything is OK, save the connector.
Memsource Translation Plugin for TMGMT
The Memsource Translation Plugin for TMGMT supports both Drupal 7 and Drupal 8. It can be used to translate all Drupal text elements supported by the TMGMT module.
To use Memsource with TMGMT you need to have the TMGMT module installed on your Drupal site. Then you will need to install the Memsource Translation Plugin for TMGMT available here: https://www.drupal.org/project/tmgmt_memsource.
Once installed, the Memsource Plugin will be available in the list of providers, and you will be able to carry out the following steps.
Add Memsource as a Translation Provider
- Log into your Drupal account which has the TMGMT plugin installed.
- Navigate to Translation. Go to Providers and click on Add provider.
- Add a label name and description.
- Under Provider Plugin, select Memsource to activate the correct settings.
- In the Memsource API endpoint field, insert the following URL: https://cloud.memsource.com/web/api
- Enter your Memsource user name and password.
- Click Connect.
- Once the connection is established, you will be asked to specify the Remote Language Mappings. This allows you to map the Memsource languages with the ones you have available on your site.
- Click Save to create the Translation Provider.
Translate your Content in Memsource
- In your Drupal account, click on the Translation tab and select Sources.
- Check the tickbox next to the content you wish to translate.
- In the dropdown list, under Operations, select Translate.
- Choose the target languages you wish to order and click Request translation. You will automatically be taken to the Translation Cart. (To select more content to translate, click Add to cart.)
- In the Translation Cart, select the target language(s) and click Request translation. You will be taken to the Job overview page.
- To check out the job, select Memsource (or the other name you specified under Label) as the Provider.
- In the Checkout Settings, you can specify the Project Template that should be used (if any) and the Due Date.
- To order the translation, click Submit to Provider.
- After the Project has been completed, you can go to Translation and Jobs to select the post that has been completed.
- Click on Manage to be able to Pull translations back from Memsource and Review if necessary.
- After the review, you can publish your translations directly.