Memsource a.s. with its registered office at Spálená 108/51, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic (“Memsource a.s.”, “we”, “us” and “our”) (acting as a data controller) values your privacy and cares about the way in which your personal data is treated. We want you to understand how and why your personal data is collected, used and shared by Memsource.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect the following personal data in connection with your relationship with us: your name and surname; user name; email address; phone number; name of your organization; and information about the way you use Memsource.
How do we obtain your personal data?
Any personal data about you that we process is provided by you.
How do we use your personal data?
Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
- to enable you to use Memsource;
for future marketing, including sending you marketing materials about Memsource and its services and products by email (unless you have indicated that you do not want to receive these marketing materials).
On what legal basis do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data on the following basis:
- processing your personal data to enable your use of Memsource is necessary so that we can perform the services set out in the contract we have established with you or your organization;
- processing of your personal data for marketing purposes is based on our legitimate interest as it helps our business to offer to you new products and services and provide you with other information about Memsource that you may find interesting.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will always keep your personal data for the period for which you will be using our services. We will also keep your personal data where required by law or we need to do so in connection with potential or actual legal action or an investigation involving Memsource a.s. Otherwise, we will delete your data within 3 months from the moment your account no longer contains any jobs, projects, translation memories, term bases or other content.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Your personal data will be accessible to Memsource a.s. employees, as well as to authorized employees of certain suppliers of Memsource a.s. including, in particular, employees of Amazon.com, Inc., OVH.CZ, s.r.o. and Hetzner Online GmbH (our server providers), or any additional or replacement suppliers we may appoint from time to time who provide Memsource a.s. with various services.
Transfers of your personal data outside of your home country
Your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. These countries include: USA, Canada and Japan. The countries to which we transfer personal data may not have data protection laws that provide an adequate level of protection to your personal data.
We therefore take steps (which may include entering into data transfer agreements based on the model clauses approved by the European Commission) to ensure that the persons to whom we transfer data in those countries commit to ensure an adequate level of protection for your personal data. You can find more information about data transfer agreements here.
Protecting your personal data
Memsource a.s. may share your personal data with its suppliers under a written agreement which commits the suppliers to appropriate safeguards in relation to the handling of your personal data (including in relation to maintaining confidentiality of your personal data and implementing appropriate technical and organizational security measures).
Memsource a.s. will take appropriate legal, organizational and technical measures to protect your data consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws.
You may be entitled to:
- request information regarding the processing of your personal data, including being provided with a copy of your personal data;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal data, or object to the processing of your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- request receipt or transmission to another organization, in a machine-readable form, of the personal data that you have provided to us; and
- complain to your local data protection authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated. You may be entitled to claim compensation for damages or distress incurred or suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal data.
You are not required by law to provide your personal data to us, however, if you don't, then we will not be able to provide you with access to Memsource. If you object to the processing of your personal data, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. This could mean that we will not be able to provide you with access to Memsource.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please let us know by getting in touch using the contact details below.
If you have questions or requests regarding the processing of your personal data, or require additional information, please contact:
Effective as of: 25 May 2018