The Project > Edit button allows for editing job information in single or multiple jobs at once. To do the latter, simply select all the jobs you wish to be edited and hit the Edit button.
The following information can be edited:
- Status (when set to Completed by Linguist or Delivered, any changes by linguist users are blocked on the server)
- Emailed to Linguist
- Accepted by Linguist
- Declined by Linguist
- Rejected by Linguist (only available for Ultimate and Enterprise editions, this will return the job to the previous workflow step, for example, if a proofreader thinks the translation is not good enough and needs redoing)
- Completed by Linguist (changes by linguist users are blocked on the server)
- Delivered (changes by linguist users are blocked on the server)
Editing Multiple Jobs
When editing multiple jobs, you can disable certain form fields by clicking on x on their right side. This field will be hidden and will remain unchanged. For example, when you need to change the status of the jobs assigned to different linguists - disable (hide) Linguist field, change Status and Save it. The Status will be changed for all the jobs while the Assigned Linguists will remain unchanged.
When multiple jobs are selected for editing, yellow triangle with an exclamation mark will be displayed with a tooltip reminder that values will be overwritten for all the selected jobs.
Assigning Jobs to Linguists
To assign job(s) to a linguist, select the job(s), click on the Edit button, select one or more Linguists (see Multiple Linguists for details) and click on Save.
The Team, Ultimate and Enterprise editions will help suggest relevant linguists when available. A linguist will pop up as relevant when some of the project and/or job attributes match the linguist user attributes, such as:
- Source and target languages
- Workflow step
Cloning of jobs is available only in projects with multiple target language.
Project manager can now upload job to only one target language, prepare it (copy source to target non translatable segments, confirm and lock them, or just lock segments which should not be touched) and then select this job and Clone it into other target languages.
When cloning the jobs, PM can assign linguists and select "Notify" option in the same manner as when creating new jobs.