Once you have added your translation resources, it's time to create users.
Step 1 : To create a new user, go to the Users section and click the New button or use the plus sign in the navigation panel.
Step 2: Complete the following mandatory fields:
- First name
- Last name
- Username - There cannot be two Memsource users with the same username. A warning message will appear if the username is already in use.
Step 3: Select the appropriate Role.
- Administrators have the most user rights. All organizations need to have at least one administrator.
- Project Manager accounts are almost identical to Administrator accounts, but the user rights can be customized to provide the desired level of access and visibility.
- Linguist accounts are designed for translators and don’t include any project management features.
- Guest accounts can be provided to users outside your organization to allow close collaboration on certain projects.
- Submitter roles can be used by clients who prefer submitting and receiving translation jobs through a dedicated Client Portal and have access to Analytics dashboards.
Step 4: You can specify additional settings like editing permissions, their role in the translation workflow or relevant language combinations by selecting Relevancy.
Step 6: Click Create at the bottom to complete the setup of the user account.
Please note: When a new user is added to an organization, an email will be sent to them automatically which contains their username and a link for creating a password.
To see a demo of this process, watch the video below.
To find our more about creating and managing users in Memsource, see User Management.
|Lesson 3: How to Create and Use Term Bases||Lesson 5: How to Create Jobs|