As the name suggests, connectors are used in Memsource to set up connections between your Memsource account and various Content Management Systems (CMSs) and other online repositories.
The connectors can then be used to:
- Manually import jobs from the connector directly into a project and export the translated files back. You can import jobs by going to Create New Job and selecting Add from Online Repository. You can export them again by selecting Download Files and clicking on Export to Online Repository.
- Set up Automated Project Creation to automatically import new files from the connectors.
- Set up an Automation Widget and let Submitters with special user rights upload files from connectors via the Client Portal.
Users can set up a connection between Memsource and the content management systems (CMSs) and online repositories shown in the table below.
Accessing the Connectors
Each of the Memsource connectors is available to everyone with a Team, Ultimate, or Enterprise edition. The chart below shows which connectors come standard with each edition. However, you can purchase any additional connectors in the list.
|Microsoft SharePoint Online||$|
* The integration with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and Typo3 are via plugins, not connectors.
$ Available at an additional cost.
To set up individual connectors, navigate to Setup and scroll down to the Integrations section. Click Connectors. After clicking on New, you can choose the connector you wish to create. For more detailed information, please see the articles on each individual connector in the chart above.
When your connector is working, you'll see a black checkmark in the Status column in your list of connectors. However, a connector can sometimes become invalid for a variety of reasons. If this happens, you'll see a red exclamation mark (!) instead. Hover your mouse over the error icon to see more details. The most common reasons you might experience an error are:
- The authorization token has expired after a long period of inactivity.
- Users have revoked access.
- Users have changed their credentials for a remote service (Dropbox, Google, etc.)
If any of these occurs, the connector edit dialog will show a Re-authenticate button. Click this button to re-establish the connection to the online repository in question.