The Linguist Portal is part of the Team Start, Team, Ultimate and Enterprise editions. It is a self-service zone for linguist users in which they can manage translation jobs that have been assigned to them by e.g. a translation agency. Typical tasks that are enabled for linguists via the Linguist Portal include:
- Accepting a translation job
- Translating job in Web editor or
- Downloading the bilingual MXLIFF to start the actual translation in Memsource Editor
- Viewing a wordcount analysis, including any net rates if applied
- Virtually joining multiple files into a single one
- Marking translation jobs as Completed by Linguist
- Searching and editing term bases related to their jobs
Translation jobs are organized into three tabs (please note that if there is no job under a tab, the tab is not displayed):
Jobs that have not been accepted by the linguist are displayed here. The linguist has to use the button Change Status to accept or decline the translation jobs.
This tab lists projects with translation jobs that have been accepted by the linguist and have not been completed yet.
This tab lists projects with translation jobs that have been marked as Completed by Linguist.
In the Project details the linguist can see:
- The jobs for translation
- The Translation Memory of the project (if assigned to the project)
- The Term Base of the project (if assigned to the project)
- Wordcount analysis (if assigned to the linguist by PM)
- Reference files (if assigned to the project)
Whenever a linguist changes a job's status, the appropriate project manager will be sent an email notification, based on the pre-configured email templates. The project manager can notify linguists of new jobs assigned to them via the Email submenu located under the Download button in a Memsource Cloud project.
The linguist portal also includes a Useful Links section, which directs the linguist to important information resources, such as the Getting Started Guide for Linguists, Memsource Web Editor User Manual or Memsource Editor User Manual.