The Linguist Portal is part of the Team Start, Team, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions. It is a self-service zone for Linguist users in which they can manage translation jobs that have been assigned to them by, for example, a translation agency. Typical tasks that are enabled for Linguists via the Linguist Portal include:
- Accepting a translation job
- Translating job in the Web editor or
- Downloading the bilingual MXLIFF to start the actual translation in Memsource Editor
- Viewing a wordcount analysis, including any net rates, if applied
- Virtually joining multiple files into a single one
- Marking translation jobs as Completed by Linguist
- Searching and editing term bases related to their jobs
Translation jobs are organized into three tabs (please note that if there is no job under a tab, the tab is not displayed):
- NewJobs that have not been accepted by the linguist are displayed here. The linguist has to use the button Change Status to accept or decline the translation jobs.
- AcceptedThis tab lists projects with translation jobs that have been accepted by the linguist and have not yet been completed.
- CompletedThis tab lists projects with translation jobs that have been marked as Completed by Linguist.
In the Project Details, the Linguist can see:
- The jobs for translation
- The Translation Memory of the project (if one has been assigned to the project)
- The Term Base of the project (if one has been assigned)
- Wordcount analysis (if one has been assigned to the Linguist by the PM)
- Reference files (if any have been assigned to the project)
Whenever a Linguist changes a job's status, the appropriate Project Manager will be sent an email notification, based on pre-configured email templates. The Project Manager can notify Linguists of new jobs assigned to them via the Email submenu located under the Download button in a Memsource Cloud project.
The Linguist Portal also includes a Useful Links section, which directs the linguist to important information resources, such as the Getting Started Guide for Linguists, Memsource Web Editor User Manual or Memsource Editor User Manual.