The Memsource job board is a public page where Memsource Project Managers can publish their jobs, and Memsource users with a Personal or Team Start account (non-Linguist users) can respond to them.
Who May Use the Job Board?
The job board as such is a public page, so it is accessible even to non-Memsource users.
Who May Publish a Job Board Posting?
Project Managers and Administrators of all paid Memsource editions may post on the job board.
Who May Respond to a Posting?
Even though job board postings are public, not everyone may respond to a posting. Personal and Team Start edition users (Project Managers and Administrators, not Linguist) may respond.
Job Board Notifications
Whenever a new job posting is published, Memsource will notify all relevant Personal and Team Start edition users (Administrators and Project Managers, but never Linguists). When an organization has multiple Project Managers, all are notified.
Unsubscribe from Notifications
Job board notifications can be disabled in Memsource under Setup - Email Notifications and they will be disabled for the entire organization.
How to Publish a Job Board Posting
Open a Memsource project for which you need to source Linguists. Click on Share and Publish on Job Board... Then, fill in the form providing the following details:
- Analysis (if you have analysis in your project, you can upload the wordcount including your net rate)
- Job posting title
- Target languages (if you have multiple target languages in your project, you may decide to select just some of them for the posting)
- Subject (the subject matter of the project, such as banking, finance, industrial engineering. etc.)
- Quoting currency
- Quoting deadline (After the quoting deadline passes, users may not respond to your job board posting anymore)
- Delivery deadline
- Description and requirements
- Response email template
- New job email template
- Contact email
When you are happy with the results, click on Publish.
Please note: once the job is published on the Job Board, the job offer cannot be deleted or edited. It will be automatically closed after the "Quoting deadline" date expires.
How to Respond to a Job Board Posting
Once you open a job posting, click on the Respond button.
If the Respond button is not available, it could be for one of the following reasons:
- The posting is closed (e.g. it is past its quoting deadline).
- You are not signed in into Memsource.
- You are signed in but not eligible for responding (for example, you are signed in as a Linguist user).
- You are signed in as a user from the organization which published the job offer.
Where Can I See All Responses to a Job Board Posting?
All responses are conveniently displayed directly in the project.
How Do I Assign the Job?
Once an agreement is made between you and any of the candidates, the job can be assigned to them in one of two ways. You can either share the job (after establishing a Vendor connection with them) or you can create a Linguist account for them. This final process is independent of the job board.