Memsource has helped speed up the translation process by pre-translation from translation memory and machine translation right from its start. Now we have introduced an additional pre-translation method: human translation. The first human translation provider that we have introduced into Memsource is Gengo.
Gengo is a crowdsourced human translation provider that supports dozens of language pairs.
Gengo works best:
- When fast turnaround is important
- For shorter texts (longer texts are split into multiple Gengo orders, so that each Gengo order has no more than 1000 segments.)
- For content that is not highly complex such as:
- Blog/news/social media and other digital content
- Product catalogs
- Website translation
Gengo Set Up
To make Gengo work for you in Memsource, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to Gengo.
Sign in to Gengo at www.gengo.com. If you do not have a Gengo account yet, you can create one at the sign in page.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Go to the Top Up section.
Here you will be able to purchase credit through your PayPal account or credit card.
4. Locate your Gengo API keys.
5. Now go to Memsource. Click on Setup and then Human Translation Engines. Create a new Gengo engine and enter your Gengo API keys. Select Sandbox if you have free testing (sandbox) Gengo account.
6. You are ready to human translate your jobs in Memsource via Gengo.
7. Set the translating options. Please note that only non empty segment will be sent for translation.
- Select Human translation Engine (the blue "i" will display additional information)
- Select Quality (Standard or Business)
- See Wordcount and Price
- If you have Glossary set up in your Gengo account, you can send its ID.
- Add comment for translator. All Gengo orders sent from Memsource have automatically created comment for translators:"Please note that this is a fully automated system, we are not able to reply to comments at this time. If you have any questions, please contact Gengo support."
- Use preferred Translators if you want to
8. Once the job was submitted, the "Human translation" icon will indicate the process. It can take 30 minutes or longer to get the translated file back to Memsource.
Once you set up your Unbabel account, get your Unbabel Username and Unbabel API Key and set the connection withing Memsource.