Data in the Recycle Bin
Data in the recycle bin is stored for 30 days and is consequently deleted permanently. Users can also purge the recycle bin immediately if needed.
- When a project is older than 6 months, creating new jobs is disabled for the project.
- Projects older than 12 months are automatically deleted by the system (a warning message will be displayed 6 months prior to its deletion on the project page). When a project is deleted, the project's jobs, analyses, and reference files are also deleted and will be stored for 30 days in the recycle bin after which they will be permanently deleted. The translation memories and term bases selected for the project are not deleted.
Extending the Project Lifetime
There are two ways in which the project lifetime can be extended:
- By postponing the deletion of a selected project by 7 months (even repeatedly). The postponement will also re-enable the creation of new jobs in such a project.
- By purchasing extra project lifetime for all projects. By default, Memsource stores projects for 1 year and users can optionally extend this to 2 or 3 years when subscribing. The extended storage period will effect all current projects.
Project Age Definition
A project's age (how old a project is) is based on the project creation date.
Translation Memory Storage
With a few exceptions described below, translation memories are stored permanently, unless users delete them.
Deletion of Translation Memories from Expired and Unused Accounts
Translation memories will be deleted from Memsource accounts that have expired for at least 6 months as well as from unused Personal edition accounts that have not been used for at least 6 months (nobody has logged into the free Personal account for at least 6 months).
The process explained:
- If an account has been expired for at least 6 months or if a free Personal account has not been used for at least 6 months, the administrator user of the expired account will be notified by email that the account’s translation memories will be moved to the account’s recycle bin.
- The administrator user can disregard the message and in that case, the translation memories will be deleted permanently from the recycle bin after 30 days. Or, the administrator user may log into the account and restore the translation memories from the account’s recycle bin.
Term Base Storage
The policy for term base storage is the same as the policy mentioned above regarding translation memory storage.
Data Storage Location
Our customers' data are stored in three countries: Germany, France, and Ireland. In Germany, files are stored with Hetzner, in France through OVH, and in Ireland using Amazon.
Memsource carries out a system-wide data backup on a daily basis. Users may back up data in the following ways:
Manual Data Backup
To backup essential project data, download the following:
- Original files
- MXLIFF files (or a single MXLIFF joined file)
- Completed files
Automated Data Backup
Users with the Team Start edition and up can use Memsource APIs to automate data backup.