To start using Memsource REST API, you will first need to sign up for the free Memsource Developer edition. This edition is designed to be used as a sandbox for API development. Users can use the Chrome Postman application to learn how Memsource APIs work and to test them.
Follow this link to sign up for the Memsource Developer Edition.
The Developer edition has some limitations:
- A maximum of 2 translation jobs stored at any time
- A maximum of 1 MB for job file sizes
- A maximum of 1 Administrator user and 1 Linguist user
Developers may use this edition for development and testing purposes only.
Please contact Memsource support if you need these limits increased or modified.
Before You Start
It is essential to learn Memsource procedures and workflow to be able to understand and use Memsource APIs.
The basic workflow is:
- Create a TM, TB, and a machine translation engine (if you intend to use them).
- Create a project with the TM/TB/machine translation engine attached (if needed).
- Upload your file for translation to the project (also called creating a job in Memsource).
- You can then analyze, pre-translate or assign the job to your Linguist.
For more detailed information about how to do this, please see our Getting Started Guide.
The Memsource REST API documentation is available on this dedicated site.
If you are using the Memsource Legacy API, please see the Memsource Legacy API section.
For an overview of the Memsource REST API, see this introductory article.