Click on Setup in the upper right corner of the screen to go to the Setup page. It includes information on your subscription such as edition type, expiry date, etc. At the bottom are two categories of settings: Server and User settings. Server Settings affect all users. User Settings only affect the individual user’s account.
- Name of the organization
- Vendor token
- Custom logo (upload an image 154 pixels wide and 43 pixels high. It will be displayed to all your users in the top left corner instead of Memsource logo)
- Name of the organization
- Language (every new user will have this language as default)
- Time zone (every new user will have this time zone by default)
Click on Details to access information:
- Your edition and the expiry date of your subscription
- Invoices (download your invoices - only online payment invoices are available here)
- Add users or upgrade edition (add project managers or upgrade your edition within current subscription - prices will be accurately calculated in accordance with the expiry date of your subscription)
- Downgrade edition (first ensure you will not lose any of your active users, no refund will be issued)
- Cancel account (no refund will be issued)
Select which languages will be active for all users.
The list of possible buyers (if you act as Vendor).
Select a Buyer and set the default project Owner for shared projects and jobs
Create new or modify existing email templates. See a dedicated article Email Templates for details.
Set global settings for Spellchecker.
Create/edit/delete users. Read more about User Management.
This option is available only to users that can act as Buyers. Create, edit or delete your Vendors. For creating a Vendor, the Vendor Token is needed (In Setup > Organization of your Vendor' account).
The following settings are available:
- Net rate scheme
- Price list
- Relevant Source Languages
- Relevant Target Languages
- Relevant Clients
- Relevant Domains
- Relevant Subdomains
- Relevant Workflow Steps
Access and Security
Toggle the default setting for new projects with this setting:
- Email Notifications
- Notify job owner when job status is changed
- Web Editor enabled for linguists
- Linguists may download their translation jobs (Original, Bilingual or Completed File)
- User metadata displayed to linguists in Memsource Editor/Web Editor
- Grant access to Memsource technical support
- Activate/deactivate linguists automatically (Only available in Team, Ultimate and Enterprise editions, not available via API)
- Use Vendors for projects (only available to users that can act as Buyers. Disabling this option will disable Vendors in all projects despite the project's individual settings.)
- Others may discover my organization as a vendor
- Linguists may start a workflow step only if the preceding step has been completed
- Linguists may edit locked segments
- Linguists may edit source
- Linguists may turn on/turn off auto-propagation of repetitions
- Session timeout
- Trusted IP ranges (only available in the Enterprise edition)
Similar settings is available also directly in the Project.
Set default analysis for your Cloud Account. All new projects will contain this setting by default. See Analysis Settings for more details. Analysis settings can be modified in individual Project and Project Templates.
File Import Settings
Set default import settings for jobs in newly created projects.
File renaming is used for automatic renaming of the downloaded Completed (translated) files. See File Renaming article for details.
Administrators of Ultimate and Enterprise editions can customize the types of LQA warnings that will be available in the project. See LQA Settings for details.
Set the default Pre-translation for your project. This setting is connected to the Job Pre-translation window with 2-way interaction. Any changes made in the Job Pre-translation settings will be saved in the Project settings and vice versa. See Pre-translate for more details.
Project Status Automation
Set global Project Status Automation settings. See Project Status Automation for more details.
Set global Quality Assurance settings. See Quality Assurance page for more details.
Import ot export a XLSX or SRX file to customize segmentation rules.
The XLSX file allows for specifying abbreviations, after which a new segment should not be created. The XLSX file must have 2 columns with no heading and should be structured in two columns.
- The first column in the XLSX file specifies an abbreviation.
- The second column further specifies the segmentation behavior. ABBR_UPPER_NUM means that a new segment will not be created if the abbreviation is followed by a whitespace and then by a number or word with the first letter in the upper case or a symbol (math symbols, currency signs, dingbats, box-drawing characters, etc.). ABBR_NUM means that a new segment will not be created if the abbreviation is followed by a whitespace and then by a number.
The SRX file provides many more customization options.
- It is recommended to first download the default SRX file for the selected language via the Export XLSX/SRX button under Setup > Segmentation and create a new one by modifying it. The regexp is used in segmentation rules.
- After modifying the SRX file, upload it via the New button. The new SRX file is automatically set as Primary. You can deselect that option while uploading it.
- To select which SRX file should be used for a specific translation job, go to File import options > Segmentation in the New Job screen, otherwise, the Primary segmentation will be used.
Se more details in Customized segmentation article.
TM Match Context and Optimization
See a dedicated page for more details.
Create new or delete existing workflow steps. A workflow step has the following attributes:
- The abbreviation will be used for designating bilingual files originating from a workflow step, e.g. "R" could stand for a "Revision" workflow and a bilingual file originating from the Revision workflow step could look like this: Agreement-de-en-R.docx
- The order specifies the default sequential order of the workflow steps. If there are e.g. 3 workflow steps, their order could be 10, 20, and 30 respectively. This means that if all 3 workflow steps are selected for a project, the first will be the one with order 10, then the one with order 20 will follow and the last will be the one with order 30. The order is also important because of the way translations are propagated. Once confirmed, a translated segment is propagated to a workflow step which is immediately above it - based on the order.
- Enable LQA
- Selecting this option enables LQA features for the specified workflow step.
To activate workflow for a specific project, go to the project's settings.
Please see more details in our Workflow article.
(Workflow Steps are only supported in Team, Ultimate and Enterprise editions)
Available for the Ultimate and Enterprise edition only.
Create Business Units to separate your project managers to different groups. Multiple Business Units can be selected for users which will provide them with access to the relevant resources of a single or multiple Business Units while preventing them from accessing data from other Business Units.
The following areas can be regulated by Business Units:
- Access to projects
- Access to translation memories
- Access to term bases
Create, edit or delete your Clients
Create, edit or delete your Cost Centers
Create, edit or delete your Domains for better project/TM/TB management.
Create, edit or delete your Subdomains for better project management.
Automated Project Creation
Define how and when Memsource will look into the defined online repository to see if there is any new content, and create a new project from that content. See Automated Project Creation page for more details.
See Automation Widget page for more details.
Due Date Schemes
Create, edit or delete your Due Date Schemes that allow you to define the automatic due date calculation performed on the projects created via the Automation Widget.
Edit or delete your Project Templates. Please note that Project templates are created from Projects (Save as -> Template).
- Net Rate Scheme
- Price list
Analytics & Reporting
Kibana is a visualization workbench that allows users to access indexed data in their Memsource account and create graphic representations of such data for any specified time periods. This workbench is currently available for the Ultimate and Enterprise editions.
Subscribers with Team, Ultimate and Enterprise edition can export the reports to a CSV file. Reports are available for:
- Analyses (only Analyses already created)
- Quotes (only Quotes already created)
Reports can be generated based on:
- Language pair
Report templates can be saved for future re-use.
- Daily limit
- Number of API calls (reset every day at 0:00 GMT)
Connected OAuth Apps
List of application connected to Memsource via OAuth 2.0 authorization using user's username. Items can be deleted using Delete button.
Memsource can connect to Google Drive, DropBox, Box, Bitbucket Cloud, Bitbucket Server, Drupal, Git, GitHub, GitLab, WordPress, FTP, SFTP, Help Scout, HubSpot, Marketo, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft SharePoint, Zendesk and Salesforce Knowledge and import content from these online repositories and content managements systems, either manually or based on automated rules. See Connectors for details.
Frontlab integration will allow you use the PDF preview of IDML files in Web Editor.
Then you can set up a connection to your Frontlab account in Memsource:
- Site ID
The PDF Preview is available for IDML jobs in the editor menu Documents > Preview Translation.
The current version of the integration will produce a preview that is based on the imported IDML file (which does not include images). Sometimes it may be useful to upload images and fonts to achieve the best possible rendering. This is already supported but needs to be enabled by Frontlab. Please email Memsource Support to request this extra feature.
Human Translation Engines
See the Human Translation Engines page for more details.
Set up Machine Translation in Memsource Cloud. You can set it as Default and every new project will be created with this MT Engine settings.
Registered OAuth Apps
Available to Administrators and Project managers only.
Create new or list existing connection via OAuth 2.0.
For creating new connection, the "Redirect URI" from user's application is needed. Memsource will then create ClientID, which will be used in the OAuth application together with Auth URL and Access Token URL. See OAuth 2.0.
The integration with TransPDF allows the import of PDF files for translating purposes. Previews from editors are free of charge, downloading the Completed File is subject to payment based on pre-paid credits. Create your account with TransPDF at TransPDF and set up a a connection to your TransPDF account in Memsource using:
Setup your webhooks for integration with your API application.
Select the Language of your choice for the Memsource user interface.
Spellchecker User Dictionary
You can add individual words to Spellchecker User Dictionary directly in Editors (when clicking on context menu of the spellchecked word) or you can enhance the Spellchecker by adding your own list of correct words in XLSX format in this Setup.
Import your Spellchecker User Dictionary file with the following options:
- Delete existing entries and then import
- Add to the existing entries
Export your customized list as XLSX file.
Please note that:
- The User Dictionary is unique for each user. Other users working on the same job will not have access to it.
- Spellcheck QA works with the User Dictionary and can provide different results for different users.
Specify your Time Zone, so that the time information is displayed correctly for you.
See this dedicated page for more details about increasing the security of your Memsource account.