Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen to go to the Setup page. Here, you'll find information on your subscription such as the edition type, expiry date, etc. You'll also find a list of settings that you can customize.
- Name of the organization
- Vendor token
- Used for sharing projects with other organizations.
- Custom logo
- Here, you can upload an image 154 pixels wide and 43 pixels high that will be displayed to all your users in the top left corner instead of the Memsource logo.
- This is where you can change the name of your organization and the language and time zone for your users. Please note that changing the language and time zone won't affect users that have been previously created—only users created after you make this change. If a user wants to change the language for their own account, they can do so in the Language settings at the bottom of the page.
Inside Details, you'll be able to:
- View your edition and the expiry date of your subscription
- Add users or upgrade your edition
- Add Project Managers or upgrade your edition within your current subscription—prices will be accurately calculated in accordance with the expiry date of your subscription.
- Download your invoices
- Note that only online payment invoices are available here.
- Downgrade your edition
- Before downgrading, ensure you will not lose any of your active users as no refund will be issued.
- Cancel your account
- Please note that no refund will be issued.
- Select which languages will be active for all users. The list is automaticaly re-populated from any Project Template, Automated project settings or Service when they are used or edited.
- This is the list of possible Buyers that you've set up (if you are acting as a Vendor).
- Select a Buyer and set the default Project Owner for shared projects and jobs.
- Create new or modify existing email templates.
- Set global settings for the Spellchecker.
- Decide whether to spellcheck words in all caps.
- Decide whether or not to spellcheck words with the first letter capitalized if that same word is used in the source language.
- Create, edit, or delete users. Read more about User Management.
- This option is available only to users that can act as Buyers and allows you to create, edit or delete your Vendors and share projects or jobs with them. See details in Vendor Connection documentation.
Access and Security
- This section allows you to change the default settings for new projects. Similar settings are also available directly within the project.
- Email Notifications.
- Allow the loading of external content in the editors.
- Notify the job owner when a job's status is changed.
- Enable the web editor for Linguists.
- Linguists may download their translation jobs (Original, Bilingual or Completed Files).
- User metadata is displayed to Linguists in Memsource Editor.
- Grant access to Memsource technical support.
- Activate/deactivate Linguists automatically.
- Linguists will be automatically deactivated when they set their last job to Completed. Inactive Linguists can be assigned to a job and will be automatically activated. (This is only available in Team, Ultimate and Enterprise editions. It is not available via API.)
- Use Vendors for projects.
- This is only available to users that can act as Buyers. Disabling this option will disable Vendors in all projects despite the project's individual settings.
- Allow others to discover your organization as a Vendor.
- Allow Linguists to start a workflow step only if the preceding step has been completed.
- Allow Linguists to edit locked segments.
- Allow Linguists to edit the source (including Split and Join segments).
- Users may turn on/turn off the auto-propagation of repetitions (Linguists and Project Managers working in the Editors).
- Users may turn on/turn off Instant QA in editors.
- Session timeout, ranging from 15 minutes to 72 hours.
- Trusted IP ranges
- Choose if this should apply only to Administrators and Project Managers.
- Access will be prohibited to users that are outside the trusted IP range.
- This is only available in the Ultimate and Enterprise editions.
- Set default analysis for your Account. All new projects will contain this setting by default. See our Analysis article for more details. Analysis settings can be modified in individual projects and Project Templates.
File Import Settings
- Set the default import settings for various files types that you'll import into newly created projects.
- File renaming is used to automatically rename downloaded Completed (translated) files. See our File Renaming article for further details.
- Administrators of Ultimate and Enterprise editions can customize the types of LQA warnings that will be available in the project. See LQA Settings for more details.
- Set the default Pre-translation settings for your project. Note that this feature is connected to the Job Pre-translation window with 2-way interaction; any changes made in the Job Pre-translation settings will be saved in the Project settings and vice versa. See Pre-translate for more details.
Project Status Automation
- Set global Project Status Automation settings. See Project Status Automation for more details.
- Set global Quality Assurance settings. See our Quality Assurance page for more details.
- Import or export a XLSX or SRX file to customize segmentation rules. See more details in our dedicated Segmentation article.
TM Match Context and Optimization
- Here you can set the context type for segments (automatic, previous and next segment, segment key, or no context). You can also set rules for TM matching optimization. See our dedicated page for more details.
- Workflow steps are supported for the Team, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions and allow you to create new or delete existing workflow steps. To activate workflow steps for a specific project, go to the project's settings. Each workflow step has the following attributes which will be explained below: Name, Abbreviation, Order, and LQA. For further details, please see our Workflow article.
- Abbreviations will be used for designating bilingual files originating from a workflow step. For example, if "R" stands for a "Revision" workflow step, a bilingual file originating from the Revision workflow step might look like this: Agreement-de-en-R.docx
- The order specifies the default sequential order of the workflow steps. If, for example, there are 3 workflow steps, their order could be 10, 20, and 30 respectively. This means that if all 3 workflow steps are selected for a project, the first will be the one with order 10, then the one with order 20 will follow, and the last will be the one with order 30. The order is also important because of the way translations are propagated. Once confirmed, a translated segment is propagated to the workflow step which is immediately after it—based on this order.
- Enable LQA
- Selecting this option enables LQA features for the specified workflow step.
- Business Units are available for the Ultimate and Enterprise edition only and allow you to separate your Project Managers into different groups. They provide users with access to the relevant resources of a single or multiple Business Units while preventing them from accessing data from other Business Units. The following areas can be regulated by Business Units:
- Access to projects
- Access to translation memories
- Access to term bases
- Create, edit or delete your Clients
- Cost Centers
- Create, edit or delete your Cost Centers
- Create, edit or delete your Domains for better project/TM/TB management.
- Create, edit or delete your Subdomains for better project management.
Automated Project Creation
- Define how and when Memsource will look into the defined online repository to see if there is any new content, and create a new project from that content. See the Automated Project Creation page for more details.
- The Automation Widget allows you to embed an Upload files functionality into a website or intranet. See the Automation Widget page for more details.
Due Date Schemes
- Create, edit or delete your Due Date Schemes. Due Date Schemes allow you to define the automatic due date calculation performed on the projects created via the Automation Widget.
- Edit or delete your Project Templates. Please note that Project Templates are created by going into the Project. Click on Save as and select Save as a Template.
- Services are used in Automation Widgets and in Automated Project Creation. Their purpose is to prepare settings for automatically created projects.
- Net Rate Schemes can be calculated for translation memories, machine translation, and non-translatables.
- Price lists are used for calculating Quotes used in Automation Widgets
Analytics & Reporting
- Kibana is a visualization workbench that allows users to access indexed data in their Memsource account and create graphic representations of such data for any specified time periods. This workbench is currently available for the Ultimate and Enterprise editions.
- Subscribers with Team, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions can export their reports to a CSV file. Reports are available for:
- Analyses (only Analyses already created)
- Quotes (only Quotes already created)
- Reports templates can be saved for future use. The reports can be generated based on:
- Language pair
- API Statistics displays:
- The daily limit
- The number of API calls (This is reset every day at 0:00 GMT.)
Connected OAuth Apps
- This is a list of applications connected to Memsource via OAuth 2.0 authorization using the user's username. Items can be deleted using the Delete button.
- Memsource can connect to numerous Content Management Systems and other online repositories. You can then import content either manually or based on automated rules. See our article on Connectors for more details.
- Frontlab integration allows you use the PDF preview of IDML files in the web editor. In order to do this, you have to create an account at Frontlab and subscribe to the service. You can sign up for a free 3 months trial, which gives you a maximum of 100 pages per month. You can then set up a connection to your Frontlab account in Memsource:
- Site ID
- The PDF Preview is available for IDML jobs in the editor menu under Documents by selecting Preview Translation.
- The current version of the integration will produce a preview that is based on the imported IDML file (which does not include images). Sometimes it may be useful to upload images and fonts to achieve the best possible rendering. This is already supported but needs to be enabled by Frontlab. Please email Memsource Support to request this extra feature.
Human Translation Engines
- See the Human Translation Engines page for more details.
- Set up Machine Translation in Memsource. You can set it as the Default and every new project will be created with these MT Engine settings.
Registered OAuth Apps
- Registered OAuth Apps are available to Administrators and Project Managers only.
- Create new or list existing connections via OAuth 2.0.
- To create a new connection, you will need the "Redirect URI" from the user's application. Memsource will then create a ClientID which will be used in the OAuth application together with the Auth URL and Access Token URL. See OAuth 2.0 for more information.
- The integration with TransPDF allows the import of PDF files for translation purposes. While previews from Editors are free of charge, downloading the Completed File is subject to payment based on pre-paid credits. Create your account with TransPDF at TransPDF and set up a connection to your TransPDF account in Memsource using your:
- Setup your webhooks for integration with your API application.
- Select the Language of your choice for the Memsource user interface.
Spellchecker User Dictionary
- You can add individual words to the Spellchecker User Dictionary directly in Memsource Editor (when clicking on the context menu of the spellchecked word), or you can enhance the Spellchecker by adding your own list of correct words in XLSX format in this Setup.
- Import your Spellchecker User Dictionary file with the following options:
- Delete existing entries and then import
- Add to the existing entries
- Export your customized list as an XLSX file. Please note that:
- The User Dictionary is unique for each user. Other users working on the same job will not have access to it.
- Spellcheck QA works with the User Dictionary and can provide different results for different users.
- Specify your Time Zone, so that the time information is displayed correctly for your location.
- See this dedicated page for more details about increasing the security of your Memsource account.
- Single sign-on (SSO) allows Memsource users to log in to Memsource directly via a third-party application. SSO is only available for Ultimate or Enterprise editions. See the Single Sign-On article for details.