Quotes are created from an analysis using a Net Rate Scheme (optional) and Price List (optional). Quotes can be edited, emailed to a Provider or a Submitter, exported in the Reporting, and viewed in the Homepage Dashboard.
Memsource offers two types of quotes:
- Automatically generated quotes from the Automation Widget are available for all paid editions.
- Manually created quotes in any project are available for Ultimate and Enterprise editions.
Depending on your edition, you will have either one or two ways to create a quote.
Automatically Created Quotes
This option is available in all paid editions. When using the Automation Widget, the pricing information set in the widget's Service via the Price List will be used to create a quote and will be displayed to Submitters before the job is actually submitted.
Once the Submitter approves the price and submits the work, the quote will be listed in the project, where the type always will be "Buyer" and the status will always be "Approved".
Manually Created Quotes
Project Managers with Ultimate or Enterprise editions can also create quotes manually directly in the project. In order to create a new quote manually, you have to have the Analysis first. Please note that in shared projects or jobs, you cannot create a quote from the analysis created by another organization (Buyer or Vendor).
- In the project, select New in the Quotes panel.
- Set a Name (Optional—if empty, the default name "Quote #1", etc. will be used).
- Select Analysis.
- Select a Provider (Linguist or Vendor). The quote will be visible to the Provider in their Memsource account. The Provider will be listed in the Quote Report results. This field can also be empty if you don't want to share it with anyone.
- Select a Net rate scheme (optional).
- Select a Price list (Optional—you can add the price in the following step).
In the next window:
- Select a Currency (this can be pre-selected from the Price list in the previous step).
- Select a Unit (this can be pre-selected from Price list in the previous step).
- Enter a Price (this can be pre-selected from the Price list in the previous step).
In the last window, you can check the Quote and Save it or Save & Email it to the assigned Provider.
Edit the Quote
The quote can be edited by clicking on the "pencil" icon to open the Quote settings. The Project Manager can then change any of the settings mentioned in the Manually Created Quotes chapter.
When editing an Automation Widget Quote (with the "Buyer" type), the quote cannot be assigned to a Provider.
Email the Quote
Project Managers can email the quote either to the assigned Provider (manual quote) or to the Submitter (automatic quote) using the Email button in the Quotes section or via the Save & Email button shown during the editing of the quote.
You can select multiple quotes and send them in one email if they are all assigned to the same Provider or the same Submitter.
Email the Quote to the Submitter
When a Project Manager edits a price of the quote created through the Automation Widget, they should send an email notification to the Submitter using a "Quote Updated" email template with a link to the new quote. Once the email is sent, the quote's status is changed to "For Approval".
The Submitter then can open the new quote and decide to Approve or Decline the new pricing information. Once the Submitter reacts to the new price, another email notification is sent to the Project Manager in charge, and the quote's status will change to either "Approved" or "Declined".
On the project's page in the "Quote" section, you can see the following attributes listed:
- Status - The status is set automatically (New, Approved, For Approval, Declined).
- Provider - Available only for manually created quotes.
- Total Price
- Type - Set automatically to "Buyer" (quotes generated from the Automation Widget) or "Provider" (manually created quotes).
- Created - Date and time
- Created by - Username of the author
View the Quote
You can choose to view a quote as a table or as a chart (by switching between the Tabular | Visual options). The chart can be printed or saved as an image using the context menu in the top right-hand corner.