Once signed in, you can create your first project with translation memories, term bases and, most importantly, files for translation.
Click on the plus symbol next to Projects in the left navigation panel or on the New button in the Projects panel.
Select name, source and target languages and all the other settings. Most of the settings can be edited later except for:
- The source language
- Target languages can be added, but not removed
- Workflow steps can be added, but not removed
A window with your new project will be opened. You can add files for translation, add or create new Translation Memories and Termbases.
Let's begin with uploading a file for translation:
- In the Job section click on the New button.
- A page for selecting the file and specifying the import setting will open.
- The default setting is sufficient for most of the file formats (for example Word), so you can select your document and click on Create.
New TM and TB
After the job is uploaded and prepared for translation, the window with your project will open again. Before you start translating your job, you should attach some Translation Memory to your project in order to be able to save the translation and use it for other jobs and projects.
- Simply click on Create New in the Translation Memories section.
- A new window will open - just add a name and click on Create.
- TM (Translation Memory) will be created with the project's source and target languages and it will be automatically assigned to your project.
You can create Termbase (TB) in a similar fashion.
Now you can start translating your job. Every time you confirm a segment in the Memsource Editor or Web editor, it will be saved into TM and can be used in your other translation jobs.
See our My First Project video on the Memsource Youtube channel.