The CAT pane displays matches from translation memory, term base, machine translation and non-translatable matches for each segment:
- 101% is an in-context translation memory match. It is greater than a 100% match, since the context also matches what is saved in the TM. See this section for more about TM context.
- 100% is an exact translation memory match.
- 100% is a non-translatable match that Memsource has identified as content that is very unlikely to require translation, but may need to be checked by a translator.
- 99% is a non-translatable match that Memsource has identified as content that probably does not require translation, but should be checked by a translator.
- (If the ‘Display non-translatables in Memsource Editors’ option is enabled, segments identified as non-translatable matches are displayed in the Memsource Editors’ CAT pane. When an NT match is hovered over, a tool tip will indicate whether the match is AI or rule-based.This information is also visible at the bottom of the CAT pane when an NT match is selected.)
- 78% is a fuzzy translation memory match (anything below 100%).
- MT stands for machine translation.
- If enabled by a project manager
- TB is a suggested term from a term base. The asterisk notifies users about term Note or Usage information. The red term represents a rejected term - not to be used.
- S is a subsegment match. These are somewhat similar to terms except that they are automatically generated from the translation memory.
- Approved terms (An asterisk notifies users about term Note or Usage information.)
- Rejected terms (displayed in red color)
The search pane displays the results for search queries from:
- The translation memory
- The term base
The search can be launched by selecting some text in the source or target and hitting:
- Ctrl+K for a fuzzy search
- Ctrl+Shift+K for an exact search
The quality assurance pane displays QA warnings for segments with problems, as identified by QA.
The QA warnings should be either resolved by correcting the translation and confirming it or by marking the QA warning as ignored (by clicking in the "i" column) if the QA warning is a false alarm, for instance. Here is a list of the available QA checks:
- Empty translation
- Trailing punctuation
- Inconsistent translations
- Missing numbers
- Multiple spaces
- Trailing spaces
- Tags & formatting
- Inconsistent tag content
- Empty tag content
- Tags - joined segments
- No text between tags
- XLIFF tags
- Unconfirmed segments
- Unresolved comments
- Maximum segment length in characters
- Not allowed characters
Changes Pane displays changes in a segment across all workflow steps. The Show Changes feature is only available for jobs with Workflow (Team, Ultimate and Enterprise). If no changes are available or workflow is not active for the given file, the Changes pane will be blank.
The Show Changes filter can only be used to filter segments that have changes.