The CAT pane displays matches from translation memory, term base, machine translation and non-translatable matches for each segment:
- 101% is an in-context translation memory match. It is greater than a 100% match since the context also matches what is saved in the TM. See this section for more about TM context.
- 100% is an exact translation memory match.
- 100% is a non-translatable match that Memsource has identified as content that is very unlikely to require translation but may need to be checked by a translator.
- 99% is a non-translatable match that Memsource has identified as content that probably does not require translation, but should be checked by a translator.
- (If the ‘Display non-translatables in Memsource Editors’ option is enabled, segments identified as non-translatable matches are displayed in the Memsource Editors’ CAT pane. When an NT match is hovered over, a tooltip will indicate whether the match is AI or rule-based. This information is also visible at the bottom of the CAT pane when an NT match is selected.)
- 78% is a fuzzy translation memory match (anything below 100%).
- MT stands for machine translation.
- If enabled by a project manager.
- TB is a suggested term from a term base.
- The asterisk notifies users about term Note or Usage information.
- The grey-out TB represents "New term" (not yet approved)
- The red term represents a rejected term - not to be used.
- S is a subsegment match. These are somewhat similar to terms except that they are automatically generated from the translation memory.
- Approved terms (An asterisk notifies users about term Note or Usage information.)
- New terms are ticket not yet approved by PM or terminologist. They are indicated with grey color of the text.
- Forbidden terms (displayed in red color).
Order of CAT Pane Results
The order of the results in the CAT pane will be displayed in the following order:
- Best TM or NT match, based on a score
- TB (if there is a preferred term, it will be shown on top)
- TM or NT, based on a score
- Sub-segment TM (marked by pink “S”)
Displaying Differences for Fuzzy Matches
When a fuzzy match is selected in the CAT pane, the differences between the source of the fuzzy match of the segment for translation get displayed.
Displaying Additional Information for Terms
When a term is selected in the CAT pane, additional information is displayed if available:
- Usage Example
- Edit links (if the user is authorized to edit the term)
Please note that only the Note and Usage Example of the target term are displayed.