Enter the search text into the text filter fields to filter segments that include that text. The text filter fields are marked with the red arrows in the image below.
- Quotation marks can be used to filter segments by an exact phrase.
- The Clear button can be used to deactivate the filter.
- Filter settings
- Case sensitive: Search results match the exact case (uppercase/lowercase) of the search text.
- Use regexp: You cansearch the content using a regular expression.
- Source/Target: Search results include source or target segments that match the search text, depending on which text field is used. This option is selected by default. (If it is deselected, the text in the segments will not be filtered.)
- Context Key: Search results include segments with context key text that matches the search text.
- Context Note: Search results include segments with context note text that matches the search text.
- Tags: Search the content of expanded tags (not expanded tags will not be searched)
Any combination of the checkboxes can be selected/deselected depending on the search required, but if the Source/Target option is deselected the text in the segments will not be included in the search.
Filtering or searching for non-breaking spaces is not possible. The only solution is to make them visible by clicking on "Display Hidden Character" in the Format menu. After that, you will be able to see the non-breaking spaces in the text.
Filtering or searching for line breaks, and replacing them with spaces, for example, is also not possible. The workaround would be to export the file as a Bilingual DOCX (under Document in the Editor menu), then find and replace line breaks in MS Word and import the file back to Memsource.
To filter segments just by the context information, only select the check boxes next to Context Key and Context Note.
See the Context Information article to learn more about the Context Key and Context Note.