Go to Tools -> Preferences and select the CAT tab to set preferences:
- Set the Minimum match rate for translation memory matches to be displayed and used for pre-translation.
- Select the desired behavior after confirming a segment (e.g. if the Next unconfirmed segment is selected, the cursor will automatically jump to the next unconfirmed segment after confirming a segment).
- Set the Pre-translate options which control the behavior of pre-translating the next segment that the user jumps to after confirming a previous segment (insert best TM match, insert NT, insert machine translation or copy source to target). The CAT tab also includes the option to disable/enable the auto-propagation of repetitions. Admins and Project Managers can decide if translations of repeated source text segments are automatically input into the corresponding target text segments. They can also choose whether Linguist users can control this setting. See the article on access and security settings.
- Select Insert machine translation to have segments pre-translated with machine translation when a translation memory match above the minimum specified threshold is not available. Please note that this option will only work if the machine translation has been activated for the project by the project manager
- Enter your login in the Login tab to be able to connect to the translation memory, term base and other centralized resources.
- Select the font size of the translation table and the panes
- Show spaces
- Show segment background
- Set up your Proxy server manually if needed (not needed for most of the users)
- Select whether auto-complete is enabled (by default it is enabled).
- Select whether multiple instances of the Desktop Editor is enabled (by default it is not enabled).