If auto-complete is turned on, the list of words will be displayed automatically under the word you're typing. Press the Up and Down Arrows to select from the list. To add a selected word from the list to the target segment, press either Tab or Enter. (The first word will always be pre-selected.) Pressing the Esc key will hide the auto-complete window, and it will re-appear after you press any key.
A few items to note when using the auto-complete feature:
- A maximum of 10 items are offered, and the list will get more precise with every new character typed.
- This feature is not offered for non-space languages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean).
- Auto-complete can be turned off by going to Tools and clicking on Preferences. On the Misc tab, check the Auto-complete box.
- The Preference settings in the Web Editor are saved in the opened web browser.
- The Preference settings in the Desktop Editor are saved when closing and opening a new instance.