Memsource Editor for desktop use is a lightweight CAT tool that can be installed on Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operating systems. While the desktop editor supports translating offline, full functionality is provided when connected to Memsource. Memsource Editor has been designed to work with MXLIFF files, which can be downloaded from a translation project in Memsource.
If you do not have a Memsource username and password yet, get one by registering for a free trial.
Download the installation file from our download site.
Installation and Setup
- Double-click the downloaded file to launch installation (Mac or Ubuntu users, read this).
- After successful installation, open Memsource Editor. Click on Tools, then Preferences, and select the Login tab.
- Enter your login information here (your username, password, and your server—typically this will be cloud.memsource.com).
If you do not have your login information yet, register for a free trial to get it or, if someone has asked you to do a translation in Memsource, request the login data from them.
Watch the videos below to see how to download, install, and set up Memsource Editor for your desktop on Windows and Mac.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- OS X 10.8 and higher
- Linux Ubuntu (64-bit): 14.04, 16.04, 17.04, 17.10
- Linux Ubuntu (32-bit): 14.04, 16.04, 17.04, 17.10
Refer to the User Manual for instructions on how to translate with Memsource Editor.