Memsource Desktop Editor is a lightweight CAT tool, which can be installed on Windows, Macintosh and Linux. While the Editor supports translating offline, full functionality is provided when connected to Memsource Cloud. Memsource Desktop Editor has been designed to work with MXLIFF files, which can be downloaded from a translation project in Memsource Cloud.
If you do not have a Memsource Cloud username and password yet, get one by registering for a free trial.
Download the installation file from our download site.
Installation and Setup
- Double-click the downloaded file to launch installation (Mac or Ubuntu users, read this )
- After successful installation, open Memsource Editor and go to Tools -> Preferences and select the Login tab
- Enter your login information there (your username, password and your server - typically: cloud.memsource.com)
If you do not have your login information yet, register for a free trial to get it or, if someone has asked you to do a translation in Memsource, request the login data from them.
Watch the videos below to see how to download, install, and set up Memsource Desktop Editor on Windows and Mac.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- OS X 10.8 and higher
- Linux Ubuntu (64-bit): 14.04, 16.04, 17.04, 17.10
- Linux Ubuntu (32-bit): 14.04, 16.04, 17.04, 17.10
Refer to the User Manual for instructions on how to translate with Memsource Editor.