Every segment in the job has to be confirmed (unless locked by project manager) in order for a Linguist to Complete the job. Here are few tips about confirming segments in Memsource Editors:
- Segment can be confirmed via Confirm button, menu Edit > Confirm Segment or shortcut keys (Ctrl+ Enter).
- Multiple segments can be selected (select a row number of segment, press Ctrl and select other rows) and confirmed in a batch via the same menu, button or shortcut keys.
- All segments in job can be selected (Ctrl + Shift + A) and confirmed in a batch. (Please note that selecting and confirming all segments in a large job might take a moment in Web Editor).
- Confirmed or unconfirmed segments can be filtered, then selected (click into one segments and Ctrl + Shift + A) and confirmed or unconfirmed in a batch.
- Segment can be set to unconfirmed either by editing its target content or via menu (Edit > Unconfirm Segment) or shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
Note that Linguist can always come back to the confirmed segments, edit the translation (segment will be automatically unconfirmed) and then confirm again.
- Linguists can (and always should) run QA check, which will warn them about possible issues, including unconfirmed segments.
- Linguist can decide, what should happen after the segment is confirmed in the Tools > Preferences window (default settings is Next unconfirmed segment).
See also our article about Saving segments to translation memory.