If there is an issue when logging into the Desktop Editor or the connection between the Desktop Editor and Memsource Cloud is interrupted, the login indicators in the bottom right-hand corner turn red and an error message is displayed. To see the error message, hover your mouse over the login indicator.
- Check the server address (cloud.memsource.com, or the one you were given by your Project Manager). Ensure that there are no typos or spaces.
- Check the proxy settings in the Desktop Editor. Click on Login. In the Preferences window, go to the Network tab and uncheck Configure Proxy Manually
- Check your Internet connection
- Check the route from your computer to our server with this free Windows Application: Winmtr and contact your internet service provider if they are re-routing your connection via too many servers and slowing it down.
You are not authorized to access this job
- The job was removed from the server by the Project Manager (PM) - Contact your PM.
- The job was assigned to another Linguist - Contact your PM.
- You are trying to access a job using an incorrect username (if you have more then one).
Invalid username or password
- Check your username and password. Try to log in to your Linguist Portal with the same credentials. If you have forgotten your password, you can create a new one (click on the Forgot your password? link).
TM, TB or MT are gray
- They are not attached to the project in question – this could be intentional. Contact your PM if you are unsure.
Login is green but all other indicators are red
- Your User account was deactivated by the PM.
When uploading the translation: Error at 95% (or 97%), Unable to upload translation – Access denied.
- You didn't Accept the job - please go to Linguist Portal and Change the status.
- The job is set to Completed - you are no longer allowed to access this job. Contact your PM.
- Job was assigned to another Linguist. Contact your PM.
- You've lost the connection to the server. Check your internet connection.
Server not responding
When trying to Run QA checks.
- Check the login indicators or try to upload a file to server (via Document -> Upload to server) and check the error message in the bottom right-hand corner.