You can also learn more about this feature in a dedicated article on our blog - Client Portals: A New Customer-focused Solution.
How to Create the Client Portal
- The first step before creating the Client Portal is to create Automation Widget(s) that will be assigned to it. To learn more, please visit our Automation Widget section.
- Client Portals are created for so called Submitters which is a new role available in the Role dropdown menu.
- To create your first Submitter, click on New in the Users section which brings up the interface for creating a new user.
- Fill in the all the necessary information as requested (e.g. contact information, username, password, etc.).
- In the Role section, you can select Submitter from the dropdown list.
- The Automation Widgets section allows you to select those Automation Widgets your Submitter should have access to.
- Please note that at least one Automation Widget needs to be selected.
- Using the Email Login option (under Users) will allow you to directly email login credentials to the email address selected for the Submitter.
Customizing the Client Portal
- In the Home Page section, the pre-selected Automation Widgets will be available to the Submitter. It also contains a set of pre-defined Analytics Dashboards from which the Submitters can select those that are important for them.
- By selecting or deselecting the Automation Widgets and Dashboards, the Submitters can customize the Client Portal assigned to them.
- In the Setup, Submitters can also set the language of the UI, Time Zone or even set up the 2-factor authentication.
Using the Client Portal
- When a Submitter needs to order a translation, they access the Automation Widgets available in the Home Page section.
- The Automation Widget will provide all the option set by the organization who created the Client Portal.
- By choosing from the available options, the Submitter can order any specific Service (Express Translation, Standard Translation, etc.) that was defined by the organization. The Automation Widget can also generate a quote (if set accordingly).
- Clicking the Submit button will initiate the project with the organization while also providing a summary to the Submitter.
- All assignments submitted this way will also be grouped in the Projects. This section also provides an overview of the status of each of these projects as well as their timeliness.
- Each of the Projects can then be opened to access a more detailed breakdown as well as the possibility to download the Completed files.