Users can set up a connection between Memsource and various online repositories and CMS systems. These connections allow users to manually import content from online repositories when creating new jobs in projects or to automatically import new content from these repositories.
Setting Up the Connector
Go to Setup and scroll down to Integrations. Click Connectors, and then click on New to set up a new connector.
Please note that there will be a pop-up window with a request for the authentication of your access to the selected service. Make sure that your browser either does not block pop-up windows, or that it allows pop-ups on this occasion.
Creating New Jobs from Online Repositories
- Go to the New Job page.
- Click on Add from Online Repository.
- Choose the online repository you want to use.
- Select the file/files in the same way as when selecting from your local disk.
- Click on Create to create a new job.
Exporting Completed Jobs to Online Repositories
For jobs imported from an online repository, there will be a new command available under Download called Export to Online Repository. To use this feature, select the files you want to export, and click on Export to Online Repository. Once the files are translated, they will be sent back to the online repository from where they were imported. They will also be renamed according to the syntax you select under File Renaming.
A connector can sometimes become invalid (marked by a red exclamation mark icon) due to various reasons. The most common reasons are:
- The authorization token has expired after a long period of inactivity.
- Users have revoked the access.
- Users have changed their credentials for a remote service (Dropbox, Google, ...)
If any of these occurs, the connector edit dialog will show a Re-authenticate button. Click this re-establish the connection to the online repository in question.