A Project template is a powerful tool for automating project creation. It can help you set up repetitive projects for your regular client, projects shared with vendors or projects created with the Automation Widget.
It will speed up your process and reduce the risk of human error.
Any project can be saved as a template through the Save as button located on the project detail page.
The following settings can be saved/edited in a project template:
- Basic project information
- Owner (will "own" project and project template)
- Project languages (can be set as empty)
- Project settings
- Machine Translation
- Project Status Automation
- Quality Assurance
- Access and Security
- File Renaming
- Preferred linguists per target language and workflow step. Note: Linguists are not saved from the project - they have to be added manually to the template.
- File import settings
- Project TMs and TBs
Automatically, based on the original project, the following features will be set (not editable):
- Sharing the project with a vendor
- Reference files
Any existing Project template can be edited or deleted in the main Setup > Automation: Project Templates