The following process can be used to work offline when internet connection is temporarily down or when you are traveling etc. Otherwise, it is necessary to be online in order to use the project's TM, TB or MT, run QA checks and save the translation to server. Also the Preview feature is only available online.
- Download Memsource Editor and install it on your computer.
- Log in to your Linguist Portal and pre-translate your MXLIFF file through the Memsource Cloud pre-translate feature. You can set any pre-translate threshold you want (only available if there is a TM assigned to the project).
- Download the pre-translated MXLIFF file and start translating in Memsource Desktop Editor.
- You can go offline, but you will be able to translate and have segments with some TM matches already pre-translated (but no TM, TB or MT matches in CAT pane).
- After you are back online, log in (green Log In Indicator in the bottom right-hand corner of your Memsource Desktop Editor) and then click on Document>Upload to Server, so that all your content is uploaded to Memsource Cloud. Be sure to check the status in the bottom right-hand corner of the Desktop Editor window.
- The translation can be also uploaded in your Linguist portal (via Tools > Upload) or send via email to your project manager who can then upload it for you.
7. Don't forget to run QA check and to resolve all problems before setting the job to Completed.
Reasons why a MXLIFF file cannot be uploaded to Cloud
1. The MXLIFF has broken (for example, if it was translated in another CAT tool).
2. The MXLIFF belongs to a different project. (Sometimes translators misunderstand the workflow in Memsource. They create their own projects and then expect to be able to add their MXLIFF files to their clients' accounts.)
3. The MXLIFF belongs to a different workflow step. The MXLIFF file should always be added to the same workflow step that it was exported from.