- Enterprise edition
Get in touch with Sales for licensing questions.
The Memsource Translation Plugin for Adobe AEM 6.2, AEM 6.3, and AEM 6.4 enables users of Memsource to link their Memsource accounts to multilingual sites created using the AEM CMS system.
For more information about Translating Content for Multilingual Sites, see Adobe AEM documentation.
Configure In-Context Preview
The In-context Preview feature offers a real-time preview of original or translated text in both the Memsource Editor for Web and Memsource Editor for Desktop.
In order for Memsource to offer the real-time preview, it must have access to unpublished pages in an on-premise AEM author node.
- Pass through the enterprise firewall to access the on-premise AEM installation
- Authenticate into the AEM authoring environment
- AEM installation must be accessible from the following IP addresses:
18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
- AEM domain name must be able to be resolved externally.
Set up AEM Authentication
- Create an AEM user with minimum permissions required to view unpublished pages.
- In Memsource, from the Setup page, scroll down to the Integrations section. Click on Connectors.
The Connectors page opens.
- Click New
The Create Connector page opens.
- Provide a name for the connection and change the Type to Adobe Experience Manager Live Preview.
- Enter the Host.
Use the host address of the AEM installation (e.g., https://aem-author.example.org/). The domain name must be resolvable externally (not the intranet domain).
- Enter the AEM username and password
- Click Save.
The connector is added to the list on the Connectors page.
Some HTML tags present a risk and the Memsource Editors remove them from this HTML when displaying the preview. This is to ensure user's data privacy and security.Examples of removed tags include
FORM, IFRAME, SCRIPT, SVG, VIDEO, EMBED, OBJECTor
Configure Translation Workflow
Memsource provides a highly-configurable workflow engine allowing associations with AEM jobs, specific net rates schemes, due dates schemes, price lists, workflows steps and more.
Follow these steps to configure processing of AEM jobs:
- Create a Project Template configured on your needs.
Under Access and Security set the Allow loading external content in editors.
Apply the following XML File Import Settings:
- Create a Service.
- Select the same source and target languages as in AEM.
- Select the project template configured in the previous step.
- Create an Automation Widget.
- Select the service created in the previous step.
- Don't select the AEM connector configuration in the Connectors combo.
Configure Adobe Experience Manager
Two configurations are required:
- Tell the system that Memsource exists by adding it as a Translation Service Provider specifying how to connect to the TMS.
- Tell AEM when and how Memsource is to be used by configuring Translation Integration Configuration. For example: use Memsource for high-visibility content, but a machine translation vendor for community content.
Add Memsource as a Translation Service Provider
In Tools, go to Cloud Services, click Legacy Cloud Services, and navigate to Memsource Translation Plugin for AEM.
In Tools, go to Deployment, click on Cloud Services, and navigate to Memsource Translation Plugin for AEM.
Create a new configuration and enter the following information:
- Memsource Home URL: The default URL is https://cloud.memsource.com/web/ but can be different if you or the LSP is using a Custom URL.
- Username and Password
- Automation Widget: Select the Automation Widget prepared for use in AEM. If using multiple Automation Widgets for different scenarios, set up multiple configurations.
- Service: Select the service that governs the language setup of projects (orders) in Memsource as well as the Workflow setup of these Memsource projects.
- Autocomplete Job: Select if the AEM Translation Jobs is to skip the Review step.
- AEM URL: Use the same host address of the AEM installation used in the Memsource connector and append with /sites.html/content/ (e.g. https://aem-author.example.org/sites.html/content/).
Set up the Translation Integration
When using the Memsource Translation Plugin for AEM, keep in mind that all files in the translation jobs are submitted for translation and thus returned from Memsource. Using the project Translation Integration configuration, you can prevent non-translatable assets or reference materials from being included in the projects.
In Tools, go to the Cloud Services, click the Translation Cloud Services
In Tools, go to the Deployment, click on Cloud Services, and select Translation Integration.
Create a new configuration specifically for translation in Memsource.
- Ensure the Translate Component Strings and Translate Tags are unchecked.
- Translate page assets should be set to Do not translate.
- On the Assets Tab, set the Translation Workflow to Do not translate.
If a project still contains non-translatable assets or reference materials, mark and delete them directly in Memsource.
Apply Translation Integration to Content
- Navigate to the root of the content to translate in Memsource, select it and click Properties.
- On the Cloud Services Tab, select the newly created configuration as the Translation Integration.
- Click on the Add configuration label and select the Memsource Translation Plugin for AEM.
A dropdown menu is displayed with previously created configurations.
- Select the configuration for use with this content.
- By default, all child pages inherit these settings. Adjust any page to use a different cloud configuration if required.
When adding content from these pages, only translatable content will be added. If a project is created from the References Panel, it will be automatically set up to use the cloud configuration associated with the root page.
Submit Content for Translation
To submit content for translation, create a translation project in AEM. Project can be created manually from the Projects section or use built-in AEM workflows to minimize the effort.
To prepare a project for submission to Memsource through the built-in workflows, follow these steps:
- From the Sites view, navigate to the page, select it, and open the References Panel
- Click Language Copies and expand the Create & Translate section at the bottom of the rail
- Select target languages, optionally uncheck the Select all sub-pages
- Select the right option from the Project dropdown.
Select Create Multi-language Translation Project. A single project is created with multiple jobs (one per language) if there are multiple target languages.
Select Create a new translation project. If there are multiple target languages, a separate project will be created for each language.
- Enter project title and click Create
- Navigate to the project in the Projects section and open it.
- Click the ellipsis on the first tile to open the Advanced project settings.
If configured properly, configurations created in the steps above are referenced.
- To submit a job to Memsource, select Start from the job tile menu.
A new project will be created in Memsource within a few minutesRecommendation: AEM polls for a job status update on a schedule that is configured in Translation Platform Configuration accessed via Web Console. Setting the Scheduler Cron property to run frequently (e.g.
0 0/5 * * * ? *triggers a translation job status refresh every 5 minutes).
Refreshing the project detail page forces an AEM pull.
- In Memsource, translate the product jobs and set their status to Completed.
- If not set automatically in Memsource project automation settings, set the project status to Completed.
- If the Autocomplete Jobs in the Memsource configuration is turned on, the AEM Translation Job status will change to Ready for Review within minutes. The status then changes to Completed.
- If rejected, the job is submitted back to Memsource with comments. The job status in Memsource changes to Rejected and the comments appear in the rejected job email. Format of the CMS Job Rejected email can be customized in Email Templates settings.
- Once all files in the AEM job are accepted, the status changes to Completed.
For more details on creating translation projects using the References Panel, see the Managing Translation Projects section of the Adobe documentation.
Custom Language Mapping
Follow these steps to map AEM languages to different languages in Memsource (e.g. zh to zh_tw). The mapping applies to both source and target languages.
- Open CRXDE (
- Browse to the
- Create a new node.
- Use AEM language code as the Name (e.g. zh), keep Type: nt:unstructured.
- Add property:
Value: Memsource language code (e.g. zh_tw)
- Click Save All.
Un-mapped language codes are sent to Memsource as they are.