The Automated Project Creation rules enable users to configure the way in which Memsource will monitor specific folders and create new projects whenever new content is detected in them. This is powered by the Memsource Connectors. The logic of the project creation process is similar to that followed when the Automation Widget is used.
Setting Up the Automation Rules
- In your account, go to Setup > Automated Project Creation and click on New.
- Use the Source and Target Language sections to determine which language combinations is the automated rule intended for. Any project coming from this Automated Project Creation will have these languages specified automatically.
- Choose the Remote Folder which should be monitored for new or updated content. Please note that only some folders will be available for certain repositories (Posts and Pages for Drupal and Wordpress).
- You can designate a Processed subfolder where all the source files will be moved once they are used to create a project. This can be used to easily spot files that have not been processed (or identify which of the files have already been drawn for translation). If this option is disabled, the source filed will not be moved from their original folder (they will not be picked up multiple times). Please note that if the option is disabled and the File Renaming is not used, the original documents can be overwritten by their translations (depending on the repository used).
- The Target Subfolder Path field allows you to specify the name and destination (within the source folder) of the target folder that is created when translated files are exported from Memsource. You can create subfolders within the source folder using / as a separator. For example, setting the field to /new will create a folder called "new" within the source folder. The translation will be exported to this folder. If this field is left blank, a subfolder will be created named after the target language, for example file-de. The Target Subfolder Path field will only appear if the connector you are using is supported for this feature. The following connectors are supported: FTP, SFTP, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, Git, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket Cloud.
- Frequency of the checks can be specified to define how often should Memsource check new content in the designated folder.
- Choose the appropriate Service (similar to Automation Widget). The service used will determine multiple factors:
- Possible language combinations (single service can be used in multiple Automated Project Creation rules)
- Workflow Steps with which the project will be created
- Project Templates that will be used for the newly created project (including project settings and user assignments).
- If you want to differentiate between projects coming from different automation rules, you can use a Default Project Title to define the automatically generated names of projects (including Project name macros).
- Default Project Owner will always be notified when a new project is created using the automation rules.
- You can also customize the Email Templates that should be used for notifications.
Using Automated Project Creation
With the automation rules set, content can now be created in the designated folders. Based on the frequency checks, Memsource will look into the specified folder and identify new or updated content (based on file names, metadata, size, etc.).
Some of the Connectors have an additional means of determining new content (WordPress and Drupal plugins). Please visit our dedicated sections for WordPress and Drupal to learn more about how these plugins work and determine new content.
Automatic Creation of New Projects from Online Repositories
Depending on the selected frequency, Memsource will look in the online repository in question and if new content is identified, new projects will be created, either with the default settings or with settings taken from the selected project template.
This can lead to the full automation of the process, including analysis, pre-translation and assignment to linguists/vendors, plus e-mailing of notifications.
List of Available Connectors
Automatic Export of Completed Files back to Online Repositories
As soon as the project status changes to Completed, which can also be achieved using Project Status Automation rules, the translated files will be automatically sent back to the Online Repository, into newly created subfolders identified by the language codes (e.g. 'en' for English).
Disabling Automated Project Creation
APC can be disabled in 3 ways:
- Manually in the APC setting
- Automatically after 90 days of inactivity
- Automatically after the organization account was deactivated (end of the subscription)
Please note, when a connector used as part of the Automated Project Creation rules detects three or more instances in a row of a project not being created when it should be, a notification will be sent to the affected Memsource users.