Segments can be saved to a translation memory in several ways:
Linguists can save segment only to a translation memory, that is assigned to a project as 'write':
- Confirming the segments in the Memsource Editor during the translation process. The editor must be online (Signed in when working in the Desktop Editor).
- Uploading the translated bilingual file to a project via the Desktop Editor (menu Document > Upload to Server) or a Linguist Portal (in a project's menu Tools > Upload).
- Project managers can Upload a bilingual file to a project in the menu Tools > Upload (the project must have a TM assigned as 'Write'.)
- Import the bilingual MXLIFF directly to the Translation memory.
- Importing a standard XLIFF file as a new job with File Import Settings option Save confirmed segments to TM on import
Segments are not saved to TM when:
- Working offline in Memsource Desktop Editor
- Pre-translating job with option "Set segment status to confirmed"
- Importing a standard XLIFF file as a new job with File Import Settings option "Set segment confirmed when"
Articles related to Translation Memory: