Sometimes you will need to update the file your translators are working on halfway during the translation.
Imagine a typical situation when you get a new version of a file that is currently being translated, with some strings unchanged, some strings added, some modified and some deleted.
If this is the case, please proceed as follows:
- Make sure that the translator has saved all their existing translations to the TM
- Import the new version of your file as a new job
- Pre-translate the file against the TM, taking only 101% (in-context) matches. Your context can be formed by the previous and following segments, or by segment keys associated with the translated strings. See the details described in this article. You could for example use the following settings for the pre-translation:
- Cancel the translator's assignment to the previous version of the job
- Assign the new version to the translator, possibly also e-mailing a new job notification
Please note that it is not possible to make changes to the source file in the editor and then export the updated source file with changes.
In Memsource when you choose Download - Original file function - this gives you the proper original file (the one that has been imported initially).
The main purpose of making updates to the Source section of the document is to make sure incorrect results are not saved into your Translation Memory.