In order to utilize this feature, at least one Connector needs to be created in the Memsource account. To learn how to do this, please visit either the separate help article or our documentation. After you have established a Connector, you can follow the instructions below:
Setting up the automation rules
- In your account, go to Setup > Automated Project Creation and click on New.
- Use the Source and Target Language sections to determine which language combinations is the automated rule intended for. Any project coming from this Automated Project Creation will have these languages specified automatically.
- Choose the Remote Folder which should be monitored for new or updated content. Please note that only some folder will be available for certain repositories (Posts and Pages for Drupal and Wordpress).
- You can designate a Processed subfolder where all the source files will be moved once they are used to create a project. This can be used to easily spot files that have not been processed (or identify which of the files have already been drawn for translation). If this option is disabled, the source filed will not be moved from their original folder (they will not be picked up multiple times). Please note that if the option is disabled and the File Renaming is not used, the original documents can be overwritten by their translations (depending on the repository used).
- Frequency of the checks can be determined to define how often should Memsource check new content in the designated folder.
- Choose the appropriate Service (similar to Automation Widget). The service used will determine multiple factors:
- Possible language combinations (single service can be used in multiple Automated Project Creation rules)
- Workflow Steps with which the project will be created
- Project Templates that will be used for the newly created project (including project settings and user assignments).
- If you want to differentiate projects coming from different automation rules, you can use Default Project Title to define the automatically generated names of projects (including Project name macros).
- Default Project Owner will always be notified when a new project is created using the automation rules.
- You can also customize the Email Templates that should be used for notifications.
Automated project creationWith the automation rules set, content can now be created in the designated folders. Based on the frequency checks, Memsource will look into the specified folder and identify new or updated content (based on file names, metadata, size, etc.).
Some of the Connectors have an additional means of determining new content (WordPress and Drupal plugins). Please visit our dedicated sections for WordPress and Drupal to learn more about how these plugins work and determine new content.